Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

28 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

everything about this is so incorrect, i don't have the time to disprove this drivel. 🤦‍♂️

Go ahead, you seem to work in this area. I'm sure everyone would love to be educated in why FLO Sucks..

36 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Partially, yes. But I can point you to FC Cincinnati and DC United fans who absolutely hate the quality and the reliability, and they are possibly picking up a big contract for Div 2 american soccer (United Soccer League - USL). FLO uses Amazon Web Services, which an be very good when deployed properly. On the Flo end they need to be able to properly upload 720 to AWS, depends on the infrastructure at the stadium. It also depends on the users setup as well...additionally i noticed that the web browser works less reliably than the new FireTV app. So it is a shared responsibility, IMHO (disclaimer: i am a former cloud engineer)

Maybe my terminology is off but you seem to be saying the same thing. FLo is not holding up their end of the bargain. 

2 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

I have to believe that the issues that people are complaining about might be more on the user end then on the Flo end. Flosports is one of the leading providers of live streaming services in the world y’all. Your streaming quality is highly impacted by the quality of your service provider. I think Flo does an amazing job.

the stream is fine. that it is switched from multi to high cam with me doing nothing is not me. 

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We had zero issues last night.  We use Roku and the flo sports app. 

Same here. Medium speed Xfinity internent and used the Flo Sports app thru Amazon Firestick ( my first time doing this as I just got the Firestick) and I found this to be my best streaming experience with Flo. Much nicer and easier than the laptop HDMI hookup!! 

again, my issue isn't the stream or the quality...it's that i keep getting switched from multi cam to high cam. i have done every single one of their tests

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

again, my issue isn't the stream or the quality...it's that i keep getting switched from multi cam to high cam. i have done every single one of their tests

I saw a lot of people mentioned that. Funny, I did high cam and had zero commercials or graphics during Saturday's event. Thought that was weird. Switched to multi cam for scores and then started seeing some of the graphics. 

On 7/18/2019 at 2:17 PM, Glenn426 said:

What in the world is stopping FLO/DCI/Corps from securing the Sync Rights to offer a DVR Service, To offer Full audio and Video recording of past shows?

Surely ASCAP and BMI don't intend to stop a free market. The prices for these fees are negotiable..

Quick math here tells me FLO is charging $150 a year per person. I venture to say they have 20k to 30K Active FLOmarching subscribers. So annually they get 3 million to  4.5 Million is Revenue from Subscribers. (just ballpark, I'd be curious to know the true number, my estimates where based on the fact that they have 105,000 Instagram Followers) After paying the cost for the people running shows, maybe 4-5 people per show that are on tour you'd figure that they are hanging onto at least 1.5 - 3.5 Million after cost. Wouldn't there be some room to secure a sync license for each show.

Your entire argument is derailed by a total lack of understanding of the true amount of money involved here, and also by forgetting that revenue does not equal profit.

2018 Revenue
$ 15,790,000,000 - Netflix (139M subscribers)
$   1,700,000,000 - Amazon Prime Video (75M subscribers)
$   1,500,000,000 - Hulu (25M subscribers)
$          5,000,000 - FloSports (estimated revenue; subscriber numbers not released)

FloSports' estimated revenue for 2018 was $5 million. That's it. For the whole company. FloSports is still surviving on venture capitalist investments: they just scored $47 million in funding last month, which is HUGE. And they recently signed a seven-figure deal with the CAA (Colonial Athletic Association) to air their sports. I can assure you, DCI's deal with FloMarching AND the revenue FloMarching is pulling in from subscribers is nowhere close to seven figures. Obtaining the rights retroactively for all of the songs in the DCI archives going back decades would cost a fortune, even with savvy negotiation.

I know we are all passionate about this activity, but we need to strongly remember that DCI is a tiny, tiny, tiny fish in a huge ocean. Having ANY streaming service AT ALL interested in carrying the activity is a huge win.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

Your entire argument is derailed by a total lack of understanding of the true amount of money involved here, and also by forgetting that revenue does not equal profit.

2018 Revenue
$ 15,790,000,000 - Netflix (139M subscribers)
$   1,700,000,000 - Amazon Prime Video (75M subscribers)
$   1,500,000,000 - Hulu (25M subscribers)
$          5,000,000 - FloSports (estimated revenue; subscriber numbers not released)

FloSports' estimated revenue for 2018 was $5 million. That's it. For the whole company. FloSports is still surviving on venture capitalist investments: they just scored $47 million in funding last month, which is HUGE. And they recently signed a seven-figure deal with the CAA (Colonial Athletic Association) to air their sports. I can assure you, DCI's deal with FloMarching AND the revenue FloMarching is pulling in from subscribers is nowhere close to seven figures. Obtaining the rights retroactively for all of the songs in the DCI archives going back decades would cost a fortune, even with savvy negotiation.

I know we are all passionate about this activity, but we need to strongly remember that DCI is a tiny, tiny, tiny fish in a huge ocean. Having ANY streaming service AT ALL interested in carrying the activity is a huge win.

This was not my assertion, I would only want the rights for the shows of the year at the time they are happening. I can see where it might have been interpreted that way but in my further posts I made it clear what I was arguing for. FLO is actually currently sharing past recordings made throughout the year and sharing them but without any audio. My understanding is that they would need a Sync License to be able to add the audio. I think if we even just had this little bit it would add tremendously value to what the paying customer is getting.

As for the True Money involved Please provide your sources? I'd love to see so we can all make the same assumptions on the same figures.

I would also like to see the comparison between DAZN, ESPN+, and FUBO, which are the more direct competitors that FLO has.