Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

4 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

Dont agree with that... 

Live Streaming is Netflix, Hulu, Youtube TV. Flo is running an amateur hour compared to these services.. Flo's direct competitors for low interest sporting events are DAZN, ESPN +, Sling Tv, FUBO,  and I would say that those services dont suffer from Internal Hardware issues that FLO suffers from.

Both Youtube and Netflix can work on the back of a camel in the middle of the Sahara.. or a 3G Connection..

Flo needs to get a little bigger to get their hardware up to par to the top of this category. 

They are getting the video out there by Compressing the video into as small a file as possible, but they have limited bandwidth so the return is commonly very pixelated images that buffer and fluctuate resolution often.

MY Stream was better this weekend but only after I switched my VPN point to one with the smallest Ping.

I'd venture to say that most don't have this luxury to change their internet setting on command and most certainly don't enjoy 1 GB Internet speeds. So Flo needs to up their bandwidth so that even the guy on the back of a camel can enjoy the shows with at least an LTE connection.. 

Everyone that is enjoying good streams either have a very good internet set up, or are using the Flosports App.

Which leads me to believe that FLO are gearing their streaming services to the APP Users and are broadcasting their app feed to the Internet via FLomarching.com causing another buffer layer to go through for the Internet guys and upping the Internet speed requirements to have a stable stream.

or it could have been the edge of a tropical storm or depression a thousand miles away.:spitting:

Oh wait a minute there are no tropical storms out there right now. :doh:

Or it could be forming out in the Atlantic and caused those issues in San Antonio. 

Edited by E3D

36 minutes ago, E3D said:

or it could have been the edge of a tropical storm or depression a thousand miles away.:spitting:

Oh wait a minute there are no tropical storms out there right now. :doh:

Or it could be forming out in the Atlantic and caused those issues in San Antonio. 

who mentioned a storm in San Antonio. or are you referencing a remark i made about Memphis two weeks ago?

But hey glad you're contributing to the discussion in a meaningful fashion.

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

who mentioned a storm in San Antonio. or are you referencing a remark i made about Memphis two weeks ago?

But hey glad you're contributing to the discussion in a meaningful fashion.

I noticed on Sat there were some clouds forming out in the gulf near Galveston. I figured the bad Flo performance was due to the edge of those clouds. :peek:

Thank you for the compliments. 

Just now, E3D said:

I noticed on Sat there were some clouds forming out in the gulf near Galveston. I figured the bad Flo performance was due to the edge of those clouds. :peek:

Thank you for the compliments. 

thank you for not getting sarcasm

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

As for the True Money involved Please provide your sources? I'd love to see so we can all make the same assumptions on the same figures.

I use the same Google everyone else does.

But really, it's just basic arithmetic. Every show from the 70s/80s/90s that didn't have licenses during creation will need to have licenses obtained before DCI can legally stream them. Arrangement licenses, synchronization licenses, or at the very least a broadcast license for streaming. Several years ago, Tresona was recommending bands budget $250-$300 PER SONG for the necessary licensing. I would not be surprised if that amount has increased.

We'll assume everything in the past twelve years or so is already covered/current on licensing. So we've got 35 years of DCI. How many corps do you want per year? Top 25? Any D2 or D3 (or A-90 or A-60, etc.) corps? Let's go real basic: just Finalists. Let's also conservatively estimate four songs per corps per year. At $250 per license.

35 x 12 x 4 x $250 = $420,000

Sure, this is just a ballpark guess. But when you add in the hundreds upon hundreds of man-hours it would take to apply for and pursue all these licenses, I seriously doubt DCI is willing or able to toss half a million dollars chasing the appropriate copyright licensing necessary to stream old shows.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

But really, it's just basic arithmetic. Every show from the 70s/80s/90s that didn't have licenses during creation will need to have licenses obtained before DCI can legally stream them. Arrangement licenses, synchronization licenses, or at the very least a broadcast license for streaming. Several years ago, Tresona was recommending bands budget $250-$300 PER SONG for the necessary licensing. I would not be surprised if that amount has increased.

We'll assume everything in the past twelve years or so is already covered/current on licensing. So we've got 35 years of DCI. How many corps do you want per year? Top 25? Any D2 or D3 (or A-90 or A-60, etc.) corps? Let's go real basic: just Finalists. Let's also conservatively estimate four songs per corps per year. At $250 per license.

Sure, this is just a ballpark guess. But when you add in the hundreds upon hundreds of man-hours it would take to apply for and pursue all these licenses, I seriously doubt DCI is willing or able to toss half a million dollars chasing the appropriate copyright licensing necessary to stream old shows.

They of course doesn’t apply to shows that use music written before 1923. All that is public domain.

4 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

Yeah I agree, not worth the effort.

I'd just want the list of shows in the same year to be able to be viewed in the same year. Just add a Sync license to each show, So that we can have DVR Function while a live show is happening and a list of previous shows (same year) with visual and audio available. And once the year ends, the recordings disappear. Having the access to the recordings in year really gave fans the opportunity to compare early shows and changes being made throughout the year,

The Archives of previous shows that was available during the early days of Fan Network are absolutely insane from a value and licencing cost perspective.

I have had no issue whatsoever with my Flo this year.  No drops in the signal, no degradation of sound or video.  I have AT&T fiber and my wifi streams to my big screen around 350-500 mbs.  Using hdmi cables from my Roku to my hd sound system, then to my big screen.  Also had no issues watching multiple BOA shows last fall.

Just now, noneofyourbusiness said:

I have had no issue whatsoever with my Flo this year.  No drops in the signal, no degradation of sound or video.  I have AT&T fiber and my wifi streams to my big screen around 350-500 mbs.  Using hdmi cables from my Roku to my hd sound system, then to my big screen.  Also had no issues watching multiple BOA shows last fall.

The FloSports app seems to be the way to get some good service from FLO.

• Like 2

I sure hope this storm edges does not mess up flomarchings ability to provide a quality service this coming weekend. 

203330_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

• Haha 3