Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

So I’m reading that some people think there should be two pay scales for securing rights. High one for companies and low one for groups that have young people as members.

All the congress people have emails, tell them to change the law instead of griping that For or whoever costs too much. Reason why it costs so much is Flo, DCI, etc are protecting themselves against lawsuits

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

On FloMarching, you can pause the stream and resume play, delayed by the length of your pause.

Wait, whenever I have done this the stream becomes unstable, unwatchable as it tries desperately to go back to the live stream?

This has worked for you where you paused the live show, gotten a hot dog( so to speak) and come back to the exact same spot without any issues?

News to me.

Edited by Glenn426

3 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Wait, whenever I have do this the stream becomes unstable, unwatchable as it tries desperately to go back to the live stream?

This has worked for you where you paused the live show, gotten and hot dog( so to speak) and come back to the exact same spot without any issues?

News to me.

What happens if you are watching  10 minutes behind the live feed and then the feed is over? Can you watch the last ten minutes or show over (literally). 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

12 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Wait, whenever I have done this the stream becomes unstable, unwatchable as it tries desperately to go back to the live stream?

This has worked for you where you paused the live show, gotten and hot dog( so to speak) and come back to the exact same spot without any issues?

News to me.

I would not suggest pausing for very long.  If the feed crashes, it will refresh live and you cannot rewind.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

This has worked for you where you paused the live show, gotten a hot dog( so to speak) and come back to the exact same spot without any issues?

News to me.

No it does not work. I mean you you can pause it but when I came back to play it jumped to live. Yup works just great. :soapbox:

Just now, E3D said:

No it does not work. I mean you you can pause it but when I came back to play it jumped to live. Yup works just great. :soapbox:

This is what I thought. Pausing the live stream was the old trick to bypass buffering issues on the previous iteration before FLO. but FLO is not saving any part of the stream that is not live. 

Just now, Glenn426 said:

This is what I thought. Pausing the live stream was the old trick to bypass buffering issues on the previous iteration before FLO. but FLO is not saving any part of the stream that is not live. 

i believe it has to do with the fact of playback and rights concerns for that

2 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

All you need to do is get a screen capture / recorder. then make your own versions. something like these https://zapier.com/blog/best-screen-recording-software/

seriously some of the youtube videos are much better than Flo's garbage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So I’m reading that some people think there should be two pay scales for securing rights. High one for companies and low one for groups that have young people as members.

All the congress people have emails, tell them to change the law instead of griping that For or whoever costs too much. Reason why it costs so much is Flo, DCI, etc are protecting themselves against lawsuits

Software companies like Microsoft already do this.  My wife was a teacher for years.  She was able to buy Microsoft Office for a huge discount versus what my company had to pay for the same exact software.  When my kids were students, they received discounts as well for the same product.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noneofyourbusiness said:

Software companies like Microsoft already do this.  My wife was a teacher for years.  She was able to buy Microsoft Office for a huge discount versus what my company had to pay for the same exact software.  When my kids were students, they received discounts as well for the same product.

Yeah there are student prices for most software now, for design software, animation etc. You can even get a large offering of software for free if you are a student. I believe Maya / and many autodesk / adobe products will offer discounted and free versions. But to read it on here there is nothing that could be done.