Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

Have only been able to watch a little of Flo this year but Box5 has a DCA show Saturday. Should be interesting how the feed is for that. Basic WiFi to couple of year old laptop that’s hardwired to the tv HDMI jack is what I deal with. Unless I want to ruin my eyes on the tablet.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I still have an old gen 3 Apple TV and haven’t yet bothered to go out and buy an Ethernet cable that will reach it, so I have stream each show with my iPad or iPhone via WiFi and then send it to my receiver/TV by way of Airplay. Which is all to say, I still have to say a little prayer to the digital gods before each show. (I’ll get around to fixing all that one day...)

• Like 1

So, I just recently bought a Flo subscription and am wanting to try it on Roku for this Saturday. Is there a certain generation of Roku that has to be used or will it work on any of them?

4 minutes ago, MUtrumpet said:

So, I just recently bought a Flo subscription and am wanting to try it on Roku for this Saturday. Is there a certain generation of Roku that has to be used or will it work on any of them?

Roku 3 or later according to Flo's site. 

2 hours ago, year1buick said:

I still have an old gen 3 Apple TV and haven’t yet bothered to go out and buy an Ethernet cable that will reach it, so I have stream each show with my iPad or iPhone via WiFi and then send it to my receiver/TV by way of Airplay. Which is all to say, I still have to say a little prayer to the digital gods before each show. (I’ll get around to fixing all that one day...)

I found that my ipad worked better than anything else in my electronic arsenal. Although I didn’t have my surround sound, I didn’t get buffering either. 

9 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

Unless they confiscate cell phones at the gate, we'll just watch someone's live stream and Facebook et al have blanket licensing agreements for the content that is broadcast.

Excuse me, is that a cell phone in your pocket, or are you just happy to stream here?

• Like 1

extra bonus for flo subscribers:

flo voice -

I was able to log in with my flo marching account -- all things choral and barbershop - lots of nice stuff out there - good for INT --

Interesting to note: flo voice does allow for playback with music from previous events -- guess the copyright law aren't as strict for our choral friends --

• Like 1

For the record...Flo didn't flip me multi cam to high cam once Sunday night. maybe they did read here

• Like 1