Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

In a few years, with 5G rollout, we'll just watch someone's Facebook livestream of the event. Your iPhone (and droid) can do 4K video.

On 7/18/2019 at 4:06 PM, Cappybara said:

Just a general principle of life: don't keep your expectations so sky high, you'll be a lot happier. 

I signed up for one month so I could see finals.  Every show had freezing, especially video.  It ruins the experience.  In the 3-events 1-night broadcast I did not get what I paid for, which is to see all the shows with no freezing of audio or video. 

I don't think that's asking too much and I think I have right to share that experience on this forum with others.

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I signed up for one month so I could see finals.  Every show had freezing, especially video.  It ruins the experience.  In the 3-events 1-night broadcast I did not get what I paid for, which is to see all the shows with no freezing of audio or video. 

I don't think that's asking too much and I think I have right to share that experience on this forum with others.

For finals, they're in an NFL stadium that has cutting edge connectivity. They just don't want to (or can't) pay for it.

14 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

For finals, they're in an NFL stadium that has cutting edge connectivity. They just don't want to (or can't) pay for it.

There are two parts, where the broadcast originates, and when it shows up on my computer.

It's easy for me to say "it's Flo's fault" but the fact is I don't know that.  That signal might be bounced off a dozen relay sites before it gets to West Virginia.  I'm unhappy when the final result in my home, but really, how do I know whose fault it is?

I just want to watch a live DCI broadcast and enjoy it, just like I do a baseball game, or a Youtube video.

Edited by wvu80

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

There are two parts, where the broadcast originates, and when it shows up on my computer.

It's easy for me to say "it's Flo's fault" but the fact is I don't know that.  That signal might be bounced off a dozen relay sites before it gets to West Virginia.  I'm unhappy when the final result in my home, but really, how do I know whose fault it is?

I just want to watch a live DCI broadcast and enjoy it, just like I do a baseball game, or a Youtube video.

the former cloud eng in me wants to ask how their infrastructure works from the source to  Amazon Web Services to the home. I suspect an wide number of issue are at the show site because AWS is pretty #### solid

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

There are actually three (main) parts. There is the upload from the event, the CDN (content delivery network) that distributes the feed and then your download over your ISP. This is also a simplification, but close enough. 

• Thanks 1

one thing they need to fix is to stop having the camera switch to high cam without you doing a thing. watched 9 corps tonight, happened 4 times.i will keep hounding them on social media

• Like 1

20 hours ago, skevinp said:

What do they do differently for the prelims broadcast to theaters that makes it work so much better?

i think they use dci's production team

it's part of the reason i only watch hi cam until finals week. nobody until then knows what to focus on for multi. 

Edited by Lance

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

one thing they need to fix is to stop having the camera switch to high cam without you doing a thing. watched 9 corps tonight, happened 4 times.i will keep hounding them on social media

I didn't have this problem.  I was watching on ROKU on large screen TV.

But I can't figure out why it would happen.  I always watch Multi.

I would find it disconcerting if it did happen.