Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

2 minutes ago, Dr. Craig Callen said:

It sounds like several people are having the problems with the webcasts like we are.  Something new this year- even though we are using the same equipment as the last three years.  

1) The video and sound will freeze for an eternity during a performance.  I have to actually log out and back on to get the telecast with no sound.  Then wait for the Flo Marching icon to come up that says: click to unmute.  Yea- that's right- I want to watch a corps show with no sound.  And the icon has the Flo Marching sign on it- so the problem can't be at my end.

2) or the video and sound will go blank for about a minute.  Then the Flo icon: click to unmute will come up.  Click on it and about 30 seconds later the telecast will come up.  Of course, if you were watching the multi-cam, you may now be in high cam, or visa versa!!

It originally started out with maybe one corps per telecast (never their commercials of course!!) over the summer it has been increasing to now it is about every other corps.  If it is a bug in their new system- gees- you have had over a month try and fix it.  How about sending out a text or E-mail to your customers explaining that there may be a problem and you are trying to fix it.  I have contacted Flo Marching twice about this.  All I get back from them is a form E-mail saying this is the equipment that we recommend for the best experience in watching our telecasts.  Which we have.  No addressing the problem at hand.

Any ideas out there?  Very frustrating.

I don't know and have not had trouble with Flo on my TV via ROKU.  But, both today and yesterday, as I was watching "The Open" on my iMac (and Chrome) I had they same kinds of things happen.  Screen would freeze and I would have to re-log in.  

2 minutes ago, Dr. Craig Callen said:

It sounds like several people are having the problems with the webcasts like we are.  Something new this year- even though we are using the same equipment as the last three years.  

1) The video and sound will freeze for an eternity during a performance.  I have to actually log out and back on to get the telecast with no sound.  Then wait for the Flo Marching icon to come up that says: click to unmute.  Yea- that's right- I want to watch a corps show with no sound.  And the icon has the Flo Marching sign on it- so the problem can't be at my end.

2) or the video and sound will go blank for about a minute.  Then the Flo icon: click to unmute will come up.  Click on it and about 30 seconds later the telecast will come up.  Of course, if you were watching the multi-cam, you may now be in high cam, or visa versa!!

It originally started out with maybe one corps per telecast (never their commercials of course!!) over the summer it has been increasing to now it is about every other corps.  If it is a bug in their new system- gees- you have had over a month try and fix it.  How about sending out a text or E-mail to your customers explaining that there may be a problem and you are trying to fix it.  I have contacted Flo Marching twice about this.  All I get back from them is a form E-mail saying this is the equipment that we recommend for the best experience in watching our telecasts.  Which we have.  No addressing the problem at hand.

Any ideas out there?  Very frustrating.

We have been told by others in this thread that it's do to the low bit rate of the stream. Last night running on WIndows 7 platform and using Firefox browser instead of Chrome which FLO recommends my stream only buffered twice for two brief intervals. I see Jeff just posted. Not sure if any of us have the real answer.

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

dunno. i have cleared history before logging in, Chrome, their go to system i updated...no clue

I agree, no clue.

The only suggestion I can make as a help if you are accessing the stream on the internet is to try the following:

1. Try Chrome of Firefox as those are the browsers that I can find info on that FLO supports.

2. Make sure that no others applications are running while accessing the stream.

3. Make sure your browser cache and history are clear. Every website you go to these days puts some tracking stuff on your system.

4. I have found CCleaner which has both a FREE version and a PAID version can help to clean your system.

5. Last, do an internet speed test with your isp to make sure they are not throttling back your download

Beyond that, we're all looking for help.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

The only suggestion I can make as a help if you are accessing the stream on the internet is to try the following:

1. Try Chrome of Firefox as those are the browsers that I can find info on that FLO supports.

2. Make sure that no others applications are running while accessing the stream.

3. Make sure your browser cache and history are clear. Every website you go to these days puts some tracking stuff on your system.

4. I have found CCleaner which has both a FREE version and a PAID version can help to clean your system.

5. Last, do an internet speed test with your isp to make sure they are not throttling back your download

Beyond that, we're all looking for help.

i gave up firefox because it was way worse and went to Chrome. it was going relatively well til this issue started happening. Flo is the only thing running when i log in. i check internet speeds. i have taken notes after several emails with them on their recomendations to make MY end work better on their product, and keep them handy,...and still issues.

it's them. 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i gave up firefox because it was way worse and went to Chrome. it was going relatively well til this issue started happening. Flo is the only thing running when i log in. i check internet speeds. i have taken notes after several emails with them on their recomendations to make MY end work better on their product, and keep them handy,...and still issues.

it's them. 

YUP probably is and don't want to start a big fight again, but is amusing that FLO advertises their commercial for sports showing the bull fight in crystal clear clarity compared to what we see in the Marching.....NO?

I watched about 80% of the show yesterday on the Flosports Firestick/FireTV app... It was flawless. I very very highly recommend getting a firestick and using the app. If I had any issue with the app, it's the user experience, but that's a very minor inconvenience

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

I watched about 80% of the show yesterday on the Flosports Firestick/FireTV app... It was flawless. I very very highly recommend getting a firestick and using the app. If I had any issue with the app, it's the user experience, but that's a very minor inconvenience

Same here. Got a Firestick for $7 on Prime Day. Didn’t have a single issue last night. 

20 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Here is a link to info on the Firestick.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/amazon-fire-stick-tv/