Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

They won't do that until sync rights issues and costs can be reduced. For the millionth time on this topic full sync rights, which is what you would need, would be cost prohibitive for what DCI, FLO or ANY VENDOR could afford given the niche market of the activity. In order to be profitable they would need to charge a ton for the service.

ETA: Also realize that many shows contain multiple licensed songs so getting sync rights is even more difficult. Even if all they use is a 10 second quote you pay up.

Edited by Spatzzz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

correction:

No one is defending Flo for coverage issues, #### customer service, poor camera work. We're defending them for following the law. Huge distinction

Eventually someone is going to farm it out to a I.P. that can't be touched or that skips from place to place with bootleg access to the full shows. It will happen and then Flo gets less money. Or what is more likely to happen , people will purchase screen capture capability and record their own shows. Of course still with the crap tastic brodcast from flo but still it becomes pay per view at home then. :spitting::w00t:

Edited by E3D

So everyone is content to throw their hands up and not expect anything better? 

I'm one that likes to question things and ask why they are the way they are, Probably why I'm an atheist.

How much more expensive? Why is it so expensive? What can we do to make it less expensive?

I am not claiming that DCI or FLO need to become unlawful.

Greed is everywhere and Greed has swallowed up the Music business and everyone is looking for theirs, anywhere they can get it, even from Non-profit youth organizations giving Teenagers and outlet to have life changing experiences.

I just want a better product. 

Something that IMO could be done better with a kid holding a $1000 Camera with a boom Mic, a hardwired Internet connection and a twitch account.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Seriously I'm so tired of people complaining. They expect way too much from a streaming service of a very niche product/activity. This isn't a major sports organization receiving millions of views And revenue from advertising. Not just that, but also having to accommodate at times awful infrastructure from stadium to stadium, bad weather conditions, varying acoustic conditions, AND shows based on sound that are all over the field from corps to corps. This isn't some Beyonce halftime show where there is one stage and a set number of microphones being used to record a few different people on stage. 

Just a general principle of life: don't keep your expectations so sky high, you'll be a lot happier. 

...and keep this in mind, FloSports has signed deals with 2 MLS team (DC UNited and FC Cincinnati) to broadcast live matches and other content...and is rumoured to be in talks with the United Soccer League (USSF D2/3/4) to move from ESPN+ to FloSports. Flo will be getting bigger, however DCI and Flo still have to comply with the DMCA and Tresona. We should just be happy we have a platform to view these intermediate shows and the major shows. If i had one fixable complaint, hire better camera people or stick to high cam until the arena shows. 

4 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

...and keep this in mind, FloSports has signed deals with 2 MLS team (DC UNited and FC Cincinnati) to broadcast live matches and other content...and is rumoured to be in talks with the United Soccer League (USSF D2/3/4) to move from ESPN+ to FloSports. Flo will be getting bigger, however DCI and Flo still have to comply with the DMCA and Tresona. We should just be happy we have a platform to view these intermediate shows and the major shows. If i had one fixable complaint, hire better camera people or stick to high cam until the arena shows. 

I only use high cam whenever possible anyways (which is usually all shows)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually Flo has the control, it's their platform. And if you want dvr etc, be prepared to pay at least triple what you are now to cover the costs...and that's provided Flo/DCI can get the rights to do any type of recorded replay/delay. 

DCI cares. DCI is also not made of unlimited money. to live stream thats one fee. it's another fee for recorded playback/dvr. Plus the other fees for various things. Blaming DCI is honestly not knowing the laws or caring and just looking for a scapegoat, cause if they did decide to pay for all that, everyone would complain about how much they had to pay to get it.

DCI isn't getting rich off of the streaming rights from Flo.

Give me the option, let me chose what I want to pay

Or give DCI's Marketing dept a swift kick in the nuts and welcome them to the 21st Century of Streaming platform and revenue generation. There are so many ways that DCI can monetize the activity so that the exposure for Paying Vendors and sponsors is ramped up that this group of Dino's are not aware of or exposed to. That would keep the cost for us the paying customer at similar levels.

This is the Apex of the Marching Arts the technology is there for this to generate much more money than it currently is.

22 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Or give DCI's Marketing dept a swift kick in the nuts and welcome them to the 21st Century of Streaming platform and revenue generation. There are so many ways that DCI can monetize the activity so that the exposure for Paying Vendors and sponsors is ramped up that this group of Dino's are not aware of or exposed to. That would keep the cost for us the paying customer at similar levels.

This is the Apex of the Marching Arts the technology is there for this to generate much more money than it currently is.

Please share your ideas with DCI management.  I'm sure they would welcome expertise in maximizing revenue.

• Thanks 1

My communist friends are going to help us all out. The dancing IP addresses. :lol:+

Seriously what Glenn is mentioning is not that way off. As it is ,,,, no options and bad quality. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually no. Tresona and other rights holders made sure it was done this way, or DCI would have to keep cutting huge checks for past abuses if not getting sued out of business. the old DVR stuff on the fan network didn't follow the licensing laws, and as a result, DCI ended up cutting a large 6 figure check to pay for past abuses. And they're lucky, that check could have been a lot higher.

That has nothing to do with what I was saying. The source for videos was fannetwork and when that went down DCI found another way to get the product out to it's customers. Neulion was God awful but better than not being able to see. Flo has done a great job and continue to get better in an activity that they luckily stream. They could stick to just sports if they wanted and then everyone would ##### that we get nothing to watch. They've got more content now that beats the looped video of intermission sound last year. 

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

You do realize that it isn't as simple as just "giving you the option," right? Like try to think critically about this for a second instead of drowning in your feelings: if DCI decides to allow DVR recordings of the shows, they aren't going to just pay a small fee per person using this service. There is a base amount of money they would need to pay to have the rights to the shows for non-live playback. That is money that DCI doesn't have and there is no guarantee they would make enough money off of this service to make up for what they had to pay. 

• Like 1