Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Sure, we were all spoiled by the Fan Network.

But it is an appalling shame, if you love this activity, that video options have become so limited due to the greed of rights holders.

oh the complaints about fan network coverage back in the day. Remember the first year they showed finals?

man how we forget

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Sure, we were all spoiled by the Fan Network.

But it is an appalling shame, if you love this activity, that video options have become so limited due to the greed of rights holders.

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise

But that's not DCI's fault and honestly right now it is probably not their biggest priority 

One thing I will add to this. I became a fan of DCI in the heyday of fan network around 2008-2009, while I was in high school. A big reason why I became a fan was getting fan network and going back and watching previous year's shows. I was able to catch up on some of the history of the activity in a relatively short amount of time and with great ease. 

That is to say that if we look at catering to the current fans, it would obviously be cost-prohibitive to pay for the rights. But it could also make for new lifelong fans if they were more available. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh the complaints about fan network coverage back in the day. Remember the first year they showed finals?

man how we forget

Sure. But it's not the quality of the video coverage that is the primary subject of this thread.

It's the availability of video coverage. The Fan Network had just about every DCI show ever sold on video, plus multiple performances from the current year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Seriously I'm so tired of people complaining. They expect way too much from a streaming service of a very niche product/activity. This isn't a major sports organization receiving millions of views And revenue from advertising. Not just that, but also having to accommodate at times awful infrastructure from stadium to stadium, bad weather conditions, varying acoustic conditions, AND shows based on sound that are all over the field from corps to corps. This isn't some Beyonce halftime show where there is one stage and a set number of microphones being used to record a few different people on stage. 

Just a general principle of life: don't keep your expectations so sky high, you'll be a lot happier. 

Here is the thing before flo marching came around they had another streaming service and it was great it was almost flawless believe it or not compared to flo a  million times  better

so that’s the problem I have is that they replaced what they had with this  inferior service 

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Here is the thing before flo marching came around they had another streaming service and it was great it was almost flawless believe it or not compared to flo a  million times  better

so that’s the problem I have is that they replaced what they had with this  inferior service 

Oh no no no honey what is you doing?? That service was terrible. Crashed so many times and you couldn't get on. 

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it gets bootlegged now. However Flo and DCI are very quick to get it removed when it appears online.

Those are low level bootlegers - all you have to do is get yourself some communist friends with jumping IP addresses on sites that Flo and DCI have no authority over. 

I would pay more and not complain if they had a actual pay per view / DVR not just Live events.  lay odds and I will take your money. 

7 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Exactly.  Tresona could have made things MUCH worse for DCI had they wanted to.  It was not their goal to put DCI out of business and it's my understanding that they appreciated the fact that DCI wanted to do things "the right way."  

I think they mentioned that because of how many other people and companies told them to F off. That DCI cowered under them like a wilted newspaper pleased them and their sensibilities.. 

At the end of the day, I think there should be some changes to the Music Licensing procedures, and some considerations given to the Marching arts activity and its value educationally for its active members.. Maybe a Time limited all Encompassing Educational License. Because if you go to the Artist, I think they want their music spread out as far and as wide as possible. Surely make the big corporations, political rallies, Commercials pay for the use of their music, but you want to stick it to the "Marching Band" for playing your music and creating more musicians in the future, You'd be hard pressed to find any artist who would go on the record and say that they don't want there music played by organizations like DCI.

And the ###### part about it is that you need "Lobbyist" to reach members of congress to get anything changed.. 

F-ing lawyers.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

There is....you willing to cut that check?

Do you know what these amounts are that are being discussed? What I see from ASCAP and BMI estimated some performance licenses to be between $300 to $500 a song for small businesses. But do not mention the cost of Sync Licenses, are we talking about $1000 per song? Those of you who seem to know are not throwing any figures out there.. Perhaps you don't know and are just guessing like the rest of us are?

• Like 1