Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

1 hour ago, E3D said:

Those are low level bootlegers - all you have to do is get yourself some communist friends with jumping IP addresses on sites that Flo and DCI have no authority over. 

I would pay more and not complain if they had a actual pay per view / DVR not just Live events.  lay odds and I will take your money. 

go for it. i'll look forward to seeing the end results because if DCI doesn't get you, Tresona more than likely will. They pay people to sit and surf the web at all levels to find stuff.

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

I think they mentioned that because of how many other people and companies told them to F off. That DCI cowered under them like a wilted newspaper pleased them and their sensibilities.. 

At the end of the day, I think there should be some changes to the Music Licensing procedures, and some considerations given to the Marching arts activity and its value educationally for its active members.. Maybe a Time limited all Encompassing Educational License. Because if you go to the Artist, I think they want their music spread out as far and as wide as possible. Surely make the big corporations, political rallies, Commercials pay for the use of their music, but you want to stick it to the "Marching Band" for playing your music and creating more musicians in the future, You'd be hard pressed to find any artist who would go on the record and say that they don't want there music played by organizations like DCI.

And the ###### part about it is that you need "Lobbyist" to reach members of congress to get anything changed.. 

F-ing lawyers.. 

exactly. How many artists have issued cease and desist orders to politicians for using their music without permission?

and honestly anymore, the companies that do licensing will go after anyone, they don't care. it's all about the Benjamins

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

go for it. i'll look forward to seeing the end results because if DCI doesn't get you, Tresona more than likely will. They pay people to sit and surf the web at all levels to find stuff.

They've been doing a poop job this year... YT is loaded with content.. Maybe they pulled all their dogs to go after bigger fish like the music streaming sites with this Modernized Act 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

You think they will extradite Chinese nationals? Not sure if China would care about this. 

Do you know what these amounts are that are being discussed? What I see from ASCAP and BMI estimated some performance licenses to be between $300 to $500 a song for small businesses. But do not mention the cost of Sync Licenses, are we talking about $1000 per song? Those of you who seem to know are not throwing any figures out there.. Perhaps you don't know and are just guessing like the rest of us are?

from what I have been told, for DCI to go back and get the entire library covered would be in the millions. Remember, some songs have several rights holders, hence the issue with Madison in 11. You have to pay them all. Do a version of someones cover of a classic? gotta pay the cover artist and the original. So per your numbers, lets say max $1500 a song. Let's say the average show has 5 songs...that's $7500 per song. 12 corps just in finals...$90,000. 47 years of finals....$4,230,000. then factor in Open Class and non finalists. and thats if it's just 5 songs a show. 

millions more. There isn't enough of a subscriber base to cover those costs without it costing DCI and the corps money for years. 

Now to things that FLO Can control.

Spend the money and make sure that your streams don't go down.. BAC's Memphis performance was unwatchable... 

I have low expectations and fear for FLO should anything similar happen at San Antonio tomorrow. Because it wont just be me jumping down their throats..

I'm expecting a press release by FLO on Monday blaming everyone but themselves and DCI coming out later claiming that FLO is a valued Media Partner and is doing the best they can..

I suspect DCI is one of FLO largest clients by number of single event views and these Big Shows and popular Corps are maxing out the Servers and bandwidth potential that FLO currently has. It has been so since it started in 2017 and what sucks is that it continues to happen.

Flo spend the money and upgrade your servers and crazies like myself who expect to much would at least be satisfied with the quality of your product. Limited as it is by Music Licensing fees.

I cant help but think that browsing their webpage they are spending so much money on Podcast, Video correspondents, exclusive interviews and those resources couldn't be used to make the Streaming service better.

If this was fixed, I would cut Flo some slack.

while i agree Memphis was a disaster, they were also dealing with weather that night, the edge of a tropical storm. i'll cut a tiny bit of slack on that. When the show is in perfect weather? Not so much.

Flo in the past got savaged for coverage on other events too. So I don't think it's necessarily a DCI issue.

21 minutes ago, E3D said:

The activity would have a larger following if,,,, DVR or pay per view was available.

The ,,,,,,,,,,,better quality, reliable streams is a separate issue. But it is the or should be the easiest to correct. 

I can't understand why some without financial or personal reasons would come in and prop them up. 

No it wouldn't grow. it didnt grow when it was available.

13 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Right Either they are so jaded that they dont care or they are undercover FLO plants that are doing PR control to steer people away from Negative press.

Its been well documented that FLO hides negative comments on their social media.. 

😑🤨

[Trust no one] 😆

and when you do complain to Flo, employees privately message you with borderline nasty, minimum rude replies. I had a field day giving it back to one of them one day after he read my complaints here and on their social media.Ended up getting an apology from someone in management after i cut and pasted the conversation on their social media showing their "customer service".

10 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

They've been doing a poop job this year... YT is loaded with content.. Maybe they pulled all their dogs to go after bigger fish like the music streaming sites with this Modernized Act 

give it time. stuff will disappear. something i watched a lot since last year is finally gone.

56 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I think a great deal depends on how material is discovered. I’ve shared this before, but it is pertinent. I, like many people, including some people who post on DCP, did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. At the time, I lived near a traffic light and a car stopped at a red light. Music was coming from the car. The video was removed from Facebook and the audio was edited by YouTube and the reason for both was not obtaining permission for using the music, which was barely audible. My guess is videos are checked randomly and I wonder if it is done by a person or a computer. If I had the time I could have challenged it, but it was easier to do it over again.