Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

12 minutes ago, E3D said:

I sure hope this storm edges does not mess up flomarchings ability to provide a quality service this coming weekend. 

203330_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Best post of the thread. Congratulations E3D!  100 Smilies to you!

PS - I read your post as sarcastic, right?

Edited by drumcorpsfever

5 hours ago, Minimaster said:

They of course doesn’t apply to shows that use music written before 1923. All that is public domain.

Trying to off the top of my head of pre 1923 songs played 70s/80s and not really a whole lot. Couple of songs here and there but that’s it... 

1) We will never have anything like the Fan Network, not now..not in  the future unless one of us wins powerball/mega-millions. DCI would need a sugar daddy to fund a repository. I spent the money for the DVD's before the hammer came down and made my own accessible repository.

2) the speed/quality/reliability of Flo streams is dependent on 3 basic infrastructures...site network infrastructure (at stadium), AWS health, end-user network/delivery/application layer infrastructure. I am sure they are filming with 1080p equipment, but the may compress the source because of the speed of the network at the stadium/site/venue, if the venue does not have adequate upload speed vis a vis their ISP then they can only provide a limited amount of quality. However, i see the frustration with how app users are getting a better quality/reliability as opposed to web browser delivery. I also saw  that there was an issue with high vs multi cam.

3) comparing FloSports to YT, Netflix, Hulu/Hulu live, ESPN+, Fubo, etc. is unfair...it's comparing apples to kumquats. you are comparing a fairly young, not as well funded service to services with billions in revenue. Eventually they will be getting better and better as they add content and new events (MLS, NCAA sports, USL Soccer, etc.)

4) you can complain, even as much as voice your displeasure to DCI and FloSports, i suspect your complaint will end up in the circular file. 

FloSports may not be the best, but it is what we have and also gives an outlet to BOA and WGI as well. If/When MLS goes to flosports...it will make it even more of a value. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Best post of the thread. Congratulations E3D!  100 Smilies to you!

PS - I read your post as sarcastic, right?

Your welcome. :w00t:

Yes it was sarcastic. :lol:

2 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

1) We will never have anything like the Fan Network, not now..not in  the future unless one of us wins powerball/mega-millions. DCI would need a sugar daddy to fund a repository. I spent the money for the DVD's before the hammer came down and made my own accessible repository.

2) the speed/quality/reliability of Flo streams is dependent on 3 basic infrastructures...site network infrastructure (at stadium), AWS health, end-user network/delivery/application layer infrastructure. I am sure they are filming with 1080p equipment, but the may compress the source because of the speed of the network at the stadium/site/venue, if the venue does not have adequate upload speed vis a vis their ISP then they can only provide a limited amount of quality. However, i see the frustration with how app users are getting a better quality/reliability as opposed to web browser delivery. I also saw  that there was an issue with high vs multi cam.

3) comparing FloSports to YT, Netflix, Hulu/Hulu live, ESPN+, Fubo, etc. is unfair...it's comparing apples to kumquats. you are comparing a fairly young, not as well funded service to services with billions in revenue. Eventually they will be getting better and better as they add content and new events (MLS, NCAA sports, USL Soccer, etc.)

4) you can complain, even as much as voice your displeasure to DCI and FloSports, i suspect your complaint will end up in the circular file. 

FloSports may not be the best, but it is what we have and also gives an outlet to BOA and WGI as well. If/When MLS goes to flosports...it will make it even more of a value. 

they do need to fix whatever is causing it to switch from multi cam to high cam without the viewer doing a thing to influence it

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

they do need to fix whatever is causing it to switch from multi cam to high cam without the viewer doing a thing to influence it

i agree with that, that seems to be a feed issue, CDN to browser issue...i saw that on my browser when i wasn't in front of my TV while cooking outside. thats on flo, probably at the AWS level. 

15 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

i agree with that, that seems to be a feed issue, CDN to browser issue...i saw that on my browser when i wasn't in front of my TV while cooking outside. thats on flo, probably at the AWS level. 

they refuse to answer questions

Flo just sent out a survey asking how likely I am to recommend them. Guarantee they regret that 

• Haha 3

On 7/21/2019 at 12:40 PM, Fred Windish said:

Reading all of these negative reports about Flo leads me to believe the path to a better experience could be to remove your own computer/laptop from the equation. Seems those who use Roku/ Fire Stick,  etc. have the best experience.  My Roku experience is always   outstanding, both audio and video. Last night was crystal clear. No buffering, no switching between High/Multi, and no error messages.

This is the only pattern I see after reading all these reports. To bypass your personal computer might be a better way. 

People, over the years, tend to accumulate things on their computer that they don't even realize are there. As an example, I'd have this issue where the translucent tab at the top of a PDF document or the playback controls of an online video would pop up and go away over and over again. 

After doing research for a while, I found out that of all things, my computer app for Dish Anywhere was causing the issue! It would run in the background (so it wasn't immediately visible in the task manager) whenever the computer was started up and cause the issue for whatever reason. The simple fix was to prevent the program from starting up at the beginning and it was fine. 

I'm not a big expert on these things other than the small little hobbies I have but from my experience with streaming, it is delivered in the same way to all platforms. So if it is coming out perfect on even one computer, it is not Flo's problem.