Goffstown, NH - Saturday, July 20, 2019

26 minutes ago, Tim K said:

My thought on DCI St. Anselm’s. I’m calling it that because my niece attends St. A’s (also known as St. C’s because it’s a tough school) and lots of folks refer to it as Manchester or Goffstown, so I gave it a name.

it was a very hot night but a very enjoyable show.

In order of appearance

Muchachos: exhibition only. Smart call not wearing the uniforms. It was still in the upper 90’s.

Les Stentors: glad to see you back. Very small in numbers but an ambitious show. (6th)

Heat Wave: Produced a great sound. Has certainly improved a great deal. (5th)

Southwind: great sound, very well prepared. They have fencing props throughout the show to give a caged effect, I’m not sure I completely got it, but this is my first viewing. (3rd)

Legends: Spartans and Gold should be nervous. Legends has a powerful show with great soloists. You could sense the nautical theme throughout the show. I thought the looked clean which makes me think as the continue their tour they will be paying attention to impact. (2nd)

7th Regiment: looks great uniform wise, and has some great moments, but the opening lacks a punch and enthusiasm. The show grows as it continues, especially when they perform Beethoven’s “Coriolan Overture” and the second half is stronger, but a little more impact at the beginning is needed (4th). 

Spartans: this was their night as show sponsors, but they were on fire this evening. The guard was as always, impeccable, the show was interesting, soloists amazing, an no suprise “Shallow” stole the night. This is already turning out to be quite the summer for Spartans. (1st).

Thanks for the recap!

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

My thought on DCI St. Anselm’s. I’m calling it that because my niece attends St. A’s (also known as St. C’s because it’s a tough school) and lots of folks refer to it as Manchester or Goffstown, so I gave it a name.

it was a very hot night but a very enjoyable show.

In order of appearance

Muchachos: exhibition only. Smart call not wearing the uniforms. It was still in the upper 90’s.

Les Stentors: glad to see you back. Very small in numbers but an ambitious show. (6th)

Heat Wave: Produced a great sound. Has certainly improved a great deal. (5th)

Southwind: great sound, very well prepared. They have fencing props throughout the show to give a caged effect, I’m not sure I completely got it, but this is my first viewing. (3rd)

Legends: Spartans and Gold should be nervous. Legends has a powerful show with great soloists. You could sense the nautical theme throughout the show. I thought the looked clean which makes me think as the continue their tour they will be paying attention to impact. (2nd)

7th Regiment: looks great uniform wise, and has some great moments, but the opening lacks a punch and enthusiasm. The show grows as it continues, especially when they perform Beethoven’s “Coriolan Overture” and the second half is stronger, but a little more impact at the beginning is needed (4th). 

Spartans: this was their night as show sponsors, but they were on fire this evening. The guard was as always, impeccable, the show was interesting, soloists amazing, an no suprise “Shallow” stole the night. This is already turning out to be quite the summer for Spartans. (1st).

Thank you for your commentary. I have 3 kids in Heat Wave (1 four year veteran and 2 new this year) I absolutely love to hear how others not so close see them and how they think the corps is doing. It’s my first year not on at least some of the tour with Heat Wave so it’s hard to stay informed from afar.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1