DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Wow, out here at the 49er's new stadium $1.50 might get you an empty cup. A standard soda at your local Burger King or McDonalds is almost $2.00 plus tax. It's crazy out here.

Real Estate is so crazy here, they're renting a bunk bed in a "POD" for $1200 a month.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Wow, out here at the 49er's new stadium $1.50 might get you an empty cup. A standard soda at your local Burger King or McDonalds is almost $2.00 plus tax. It's crazy out here.

Real Estate is so crazy here, they're renting a bunk bed in a "POD" for $1200 a month.

That’s like a mortgage for most people. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Results from the July 20 DCI Southwestern Championship detemines the performance order for the upcoming DCI Southeastern Championship presented by Lone Star Percussion in Atlanta. Once seeded in score order, corps were randomly drawn within groups of three (First through third, fourth through sixth, etc.).

I never understand WHY they have to do the random order thing. It's not like it's going to make a difference. How do we even know it's even random order?...LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited already!

I will be AT THIS SHOW....In Crusader Country !! ! !!!

I'm bringing a noobie this year who has never seen a drum corps show and not musically inclined...this will be interesting to say the least....haha

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

I'm bringing a noobie this year who has never seen a drum corps show and not musically inclined...this will be interesting to say the least....haha

You’re going to an indoor show! 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

You’re going to an indoor show! 

I know...this will be my first indoor one in "like um' EVER"...lol

I will ALSO be at Murfrees on Fri and Winston-Salem on Sun as well....so at least those TWO are outdoors...will get a great comparison actually 🙂

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Great,

You could show him/her Santa Clara Vanguard inspires youth involvement in the performing arts posted in the Santa Clara thread from youtube and uploaded by our ABC7 News Bay Area as an introduction to the activity.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

Speaking of downtown hotels, if you have a reservation at the Sheraton Downtown, you need to look for a different hotel. They shut down last week for at least a month because of an outbreak of Legionnaire's disease. At least six recent guests have been diagnosed, and they are still trying to determine the cause, but the 760-room hotel - one of the largest in Atlanta - is closed for now.

Side note: This is the hotel where DCI held it's winter meetings and Tour Event Partner meetings one year in the mid-2000s.

https://www.ajc.com/lifestyles/legionnaires-disease-outbreak-update-sheraton-atlanta-will-remain-close-until-least-mid-august/dCEMAY4F4F3idPxqDq1GzJ/

Just keep the corps away from there. Isn’t it usually around this time of the season some corps gets a flu, or the grip, or some other plague that spreads and spreads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I've seen several Tour Premiere shows in ATL. The Corps getting the most cheers in the theaters have always been Spirit followed by Crown. 

I only went to Atlanta once. It was a young and rather “spirited” crowd (no pun intended), and though it was an off year, Spirit did get a warm response. It was a Crown audience, no question, but I found the shows that tend to appeal to a younger under crowd got a better response. That was 2014 and Bloo had “Tilt,” a huge crowd pleaser. 

• Like 1