DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Saw the stadium.  Pretty swanky.  You really can walk from the Omni.  I usually take that as BS but it was honest. 

Best place to stay, there's a nice bar on the way that is always packed with staff during retreat and after the show, since its walking distance to the corp buses.. You'd notice that the Corps buses hang around for a bit because of that, Lots of Family in the area for the members to catch up with and the staffs are getting some libations before heading to North to Allentown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

I read that third party vendors still accept cash. Guess we’ll find out.

They did last year and I would think 3rd parties are excluded.

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I haven’t had a beer in three months.  We walked over to a place and I had a local brew.  Scofflaw sneaky wheat.  Really good. 

Jim had a Yuengling.  🙄

Tell Jim to add some spice in his life!! I love trying new local brews 

• Like 1

The route for the corps from the GWCC Marshaling Yard on Ivan Allen Blvd to MBS changes slightly this year in that they will come down Northside Drive and cut through the Home Depot Backyard where they have time for a final warm up. Convenient for fans in that this is literally right outside the stadium. 

I recommend Pre paying for parking to reserve/guarantee a spot. While not too much happening there is a private event at the GWCC that has bought out two parking lots reducing the availability of spots overall. 

Take MARTA.  Train exit is right by the stadium.

I'll edit my post to say there are lots of FREE parking lots at MARTA train stops outside of downtown that will eliminate a lot of stress.  Easiest MARTA stop to exit is the "Stadium (Dome) / GWCC / State Farm Arena (Philips Arena) / CNN Center" station.... yes that's 1 station name.  You can also exit at Vine City station but this is not as direct access to the pedestrian areas as the other station.  Both of these stations are on the Blue / Green train lines and trains run every 20 mins on the weekend.

https://www.itsmarta.com/parking-availability.aspx

Edited by jblamb1401
  • Like 2