DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

3 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

29 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Just got an email from Benz and DCI:  if all you have is cash, there are 10 cash-to-card kiosks in the stadium to convert that green into a prepaid card. They said that everyone will only be accepting cards or mobile payment -- I assume that means souvies too.

All will be revealed tomorrow. 

I read that third party vendors still accept cash. Guess we’ll find out. 

Still not sure. Text says "hawkers" which could be employees of vendors and thus cash free. Or are they considered 3rd party vendors?

QYgwLka.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Saw the stadium.  Pretty swanky.  You really can walk from the Omni.  I usually take that as BS but it was honest. 

One of the Prime reasons we stay there for the ATL Regionals -- no hassles with parking (valet at the Hotel) and you're gonna walk anyway even if you take the MARTA.

But the sticker shock when the bills arrive is something to behold.  It usually requires copious amounts of alcohol frequently applied until unconsciousness ensues.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Still not sure. Text says "hawkers" which could be employees of vendors and thus cash free. Or are they considered 3rd party vendors?

QYgwLka.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

🤔 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jblamb1401 said:

I'll edit my post to say there are lots of FREE parking lots at MARTA train stops outside of downtown that will eliminate a lot of stress.

Different stresses for different folks. In addition to my wife, I'm also travelling with my 13 year-old son, and a 16 year old daughter of a friend. Dealing with traffic and cost for event-adjacent parking is MUCH less stressful for me than dealing with getting everybody through MARTA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldsoprano said:

Even if everythingi n the stadium is cashless, that technically wouldn't affect the corps souvie stands, because they are set up outside the stadium. 🙂

Exactly my thought as well. I'm sure if someone knows a staffer or volunteer, they could find out pretty easily. I reached out to CV and a few friends already but haven't heard anything as of yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldsoprano said:

Even if everythingi n the stadium is cashless, that technically wouldn't affect the corps souvie stands, because they are set up outside the stadium. 🙂

Are the souvenir stands outside the stadium? Granted it is a new venue, but when I went to Atlanta I thought souvenirs were sold in the stadium. I think the key would be is whether the souvenir booths would be considered “hawkers.” My problem with the cards is what if you put money on the card but do not spend it all? If the prepaid cards are MasterCard or Visa, that won’t be a problem, but if they are just a generic card, do you get a refund as you leave the stadium? 

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I haven’t had a beer in three months. 

I don’t think I have ever said those words in that order ...ever!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Are the souvenir stands outside the stadium? Granted it is a new venue, but when I went to Atlanta I thought souvenirs were sold in the stadium. I think the key would be is whether the souvenir booths would be considered “hawkers.” My problem with the cards is what if you put money on the card but do not spend it all? If the prepaid cards are MasterCard or Visa, that won’t be a problem, but if they are just a generic card, do you get a refund as you leave the stadium? 

From the FAQ portion:

There are no refunds, but the cards can be used anywhere debit cards are accepted.