DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

There’s a sandwich place down the street Around the Corner that is freakin awesome.  Nothing fancy but delicious food.  On Marietta street.  9.5 burger on the Jim Schehr burger scale. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

Are the souvenir stands outside the stadium? Granted it is a new venue, but when I went to Atlanta I thought souvenirs were sold in the stadium. I think the key would be is whether the souvenir booths would be considered “hawkers.” My problem with the cards is what if you put money on the card but do not spend it all? If the prepaid cards are MasterCard or Visa, that won’t be a problem, but if they are just a generic card, do you get a refund as you leave the stadium? 

Yes. The souvie booths are outaide the stadium proper (if they're in the same place as last year.)

The last weekend in July each year is like Christmas to me, as DCI comes to my city!!!

I'll be in section 236, row 1 tomorrow. It's the Madison Scouts block and I will have a FANTASTIC unobstructed view of the entire field!! I was in the same section last year and to be able to enjoy sound and full visual from that level was just outstanding.... not to mention the club level bar and food vendor ... hurry up tomorrow... LOL

Edited by bvgordy
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Yes. The souvie booths are outaide the stadium proper (if they're in the same place as last year.)

I always hated having a seat near the concourse in the old Georgia Dome. The noise from the souvie booths made it impossible to hear the shows. This setup is much nicer, except for the weather. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Saw the stadium.  Pretty swanky.  You really can walk from the Omni.  I usually take that as BS but it was honest. 

I can see your hotel from my hotel. I'm just a few blocks further east.

0uVCldP.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Are the souvenir stands outside the stadium? Granted it is a new venue, but when I went to Atlanta I thought souvenirs were sold in the stadium. I think the key would be is whether the souvenir booths would be considered “hawkers.” My problem with the cards is what if you put money on the card but do not spend it all? If the prepaid cards are MasterCard or Visa, that won’t be a problem, but if they are just a generic card, do you get a refund as you leave the stadium? 

If it's the same setup as last year, they'll be outside but within the perimeter.

The souvenir booths are considered third party vendors, and like with other events at MB accept cash if that's one of their normal methods of payment. Any stadium vendors/retail/partners/concessions will be cashless.

Edited by dcsnare93

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

Are the souvenir stands outside the stadium? Granted it is a new venue, but when I went to Atlanta I thought souvenirs were sold in the stadium.

Yes, the souvie marketplace will be set up outside the stadium tomorrow. DCI might have a souvie booth inside (not sure), but the corps are all outside.

I think this paragraph from an AJC story earlier this year when they announced the cashless policy addresses the corps souvie stands, whether inside or outside the arena:

Inside the stadium, the only exception to the cashless model could be souvenir sales for some events other than Falcons and Atlanta United games. The organizers of “third-party” events, such as concerts or college football games, will be able to sell their merchandise for cash if they choose. But the stadium’s food and beverage sales will be cashless at all events, whether the purchase is made from concession stands, bars, restaurants or hawkers. 

Edited by oldsoprano

. . Wrong thread.

Edited by jjeffeory