DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

1 minute ago, va9590jm said:

Why would they get penalized for traffic? That’s not anything in your control, even if you plan extra time to get there early and it’s still that bad.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I'd be curious if any other corps had issues getting there on time - if the other 24 performing groups made it and it was only Surf that couldn't allow enough time, I could understand a penalty.

Just now, va9590jm said:

Why would they get penalized for traffic? That’s not anything in your control, even if you plan extra time to get there early and it’s still that bad.

Oh it's bad. Interstates are parking lots when I drove in from Music City housing. 

1 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

1 minute ago, va9590jm said:

5 minutes ago, va9590jm said:

I don't think the rules care WHY you were late, just that you were.  Otherwise, why even have the penalty?  Everybody can come up with a good excuse.  

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1

Just now, Casual said:

Is the Flomarching feed working?

Flomarching live stream on Roku has been faultless.  I have lots of problems live streaming Flomarching on my computer.

11 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I was wondering that as well

We were told no penalty. There was a motor vehicle accident on I-20 E and caused a significant delay for Jersey Surf, not sure if other corps too. DCI knew about it and workedwith them. Their housing site was 45min away but last I heard they were stuck on it for 90min and still had 24 mi to go. That was at 1pm, they arrived at 215p.