DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Nobody complained when Pioneer went on last in SA. So why is it a problem now?

I don't think they went on last, last week

48 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I don't follow it either, but it looks like CV was third behind Cadets2 last year.  I haven't seen the Bucs, but they shouldn't be moving downward with this show.

Cascades is a big jump up from those groups. 

Edited by Poppycock

8 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

I'd be curious if any other corps had issues getting there on time - if the other 24 performing groups made it and it was only Surf that couldn't allow enough time, I could understand a penalty.

Well, there's traffic you can plan for (and thus conceivably could be penalized for neglecting to take into account), and then there's traffic that happens to you -- accidents etc. -- that can make you 2 hours late even if you plan ahead. My guess is not only the judges, but the surrounding corps, will plead for leniency.

38 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Not sure how I feel about Seattle Cascades wearing Nike's with these uniforms.  Looks a little odd to me, like wearing sneakers with dress pants.  

Converse Chuck Taylor hightops or bust.

I do really like what this show is becoming and how Music City is finding their own vein in a really successful way, but their full ensemble brass flat out isn't playing nearly as well as last year, and it's still quite apparent. I know that's really been holding them back in the scores. Just curious if anyone has any insight into this. It was such a strength of their's last season!