DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

3 minutes ago, va9590jm said:

I love the staging of that ballad impact for Genesis. I just wish the trumpets weren’t at the top/back so they would have lower voices behind them to listen to so they could blend the moment more. But as a visual picture, it’s very creative and I love it!

posted from the DrumScorps app

It got me thinking about pit staging.  Has anyone ever gone vertical with the pit?  I would imagine with this on field  trend, you could make a two or three tiered pit and make it pretty compact so it didn't chew up as much sideline/fieldspace.  They'd probably be able to hear across one another better too.

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Row 4 35

Wearing pink or something thats looks brightly colored?    (and matching the tarps here nicely right now btw.) 

I really love the tarps of the Troopers.

Edited by Mikah

1 minute ago, Mikah said:

Genesis have a very nice traditional drum corps show.

I can't argue with that.  But, I wish they'd swing for the fences a little bit more to stand out in their tier.  The Memphis group has done a good job of standing out and creating an identity.  Genesis could do better.

Interesting.  Close up, Troop's tarps are shiny enough to look like pink water and actually reflect the image of the MMs standing at them.    But from high, they don't glare like SCVs.  

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Row 4 35

So, you're in front and a couple of seats over from that over weight person in a light shirt?  Better location than behind them.

Edited by Ghost