DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I really like the first couple minutes of Ghostlight, but then it loses me for the second movement. The ballad is pretty good, and there’s some cool moments in the transition after that, but the closer just isn’t doing it for me

Never feels like a story is being told.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skcoop63 said:

I remember when the screamers didn’t need a mic to be heard over the corps. 2015 comes to mind.

No you don’t. It wasn’t nearly as good before the mics.

I wish the 2004 BD screamers had had mics. They was one moment in particular where they were doing some legendary stuff, but many didn’t even notice it at the time.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

I really like the first couple minutes of Ghostlight, but then it loses me for the second movement. The ballad is pretty good, and there’s some cool moments in the transition after that, but the closer just isn’t doing it for me

JABDSAPBDS

Just another Blue Devils show about past Blue Devils shows.

• Like 1

Okay, BD is pretty great. The show is very entertaining. I wish there were more marching but I like the show a lot. 

• Confused 1

Just now, NakedEye said:

I know dance classes of some sort are now strongly recommended and they specifically look for musicians with stellar movement abilities. The stuff they are doing this year is a huge step up from the body work they (or anyone) has done in the past. It really is legitimate dance stuff.

That.  It's something they've been working toward in that gradual BD way of evolving their signatures and styles.  And this year it feels like it's really coming into a maturity.  

• Like 3

I love Bluecoats this year, but the Blue Devils are going to be tough to beat.