DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

One judge has Cadets 11th in GE2 and the other has them 7th. Is it even possible to define that category?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Cadets 7/8 in music analysis? I don’t get it.

The percussion part of the Cadets’ Musical Analysis score is higher than the brass component.

It's like saying that the movie script is better than the acting performance.  BUT honestly, their gaps are pretty normal.  It's actually better to be where they are with those gaps and a couple weeks to go than to be striking even or inverted (which CAN be like saying, the acting is upstaging the script).

They have some room to jump in GE that others around them don't have.

Gotcha, thanks. Yeah, there are a few corps in an inverted position -- Crown and Cadets most noticeably.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

1 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

One judge has Cadets 11th in GE2 and the other has them 7th. Is it even possible to define that category?

GE 2 has a music part and a percussion part

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

Hi welcome to Drum Corps International.

• Haha 2

I definitely feel a surge from The Cavaliers coming on. I predict they'll be in 5th next weekend, and have a slight shot at 4th finals night with a few tweaks to the show.

I still think SCV will surge by finals, and it will be neck and neck between BD and Bloooo at the end unless SCV takes one or both out at the end.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Crown out performing there rep in ge across the board...not good for the last two weeks.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

It seems to me like all corps get judged by the same system.  It's a level playing field.

Could it be the Blue Devils are getting the score they earn, night-to-night relative to their competition?

+++  It's TEN TIMES better without the judges running all over the place on the field, ruining the GE.  This is the best rule change in 20 years.

The judges were hardly a distraction when on the field. I barely ever noticed them. It is possible, but we did not see percussion scores fluctuate to this extent in past years. And honestly sorry no, it isn't a level playing field. Some books require a closer read than others, particularly the ones that are much more difficult. 

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

I think calling them "GE 1" and "GE 2" nowadays is bull####. Just call all four judges "GE" and call it a day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sideways said:

Crown out performing there rep in ge across the board...not good for the last two weeks.

They could probably boost themselves up to 4th or 5th with a color change but nope..