DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

1 minute ago, DonPRBari said:

Okay DCI corps in general:  that’s more than enough of trombones being used as “big, dumb, brass slide whistles.“  I hear more glissandos in one DCI show then I ever played in my 8+ years of playing trombone in school. We get it - they’re  legal in DCI now. Let the instrument have a little dignity.  Am I the only one bugged by this? 

Not a knock on Cavaliers specifically; in fact, this is my favorite Cavies  show since Immortal. Well done gentlemen!

What's the point of playing the trombone when they can do that on baritone? You know what you can't do on baritone - glissandos

Why am I just noticing how well they're marching feet wise?  Golly!  I think the grey pants occlude that too much from up high now that it's cleaning up.  

Dad likes this show a lot.

Great show Cavaliers!!!

It was a big treat seeing them live in Cali with this show especially.

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffe77 said:

I beg to differ, SCV front ensemble is on another level

In fact they are largely responsible for SCV's percussion dominance.  SCV battery books are interchangeable year to year (and of course they are pristine).  But the FE is just extraordinary.

• Like 1