DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You did make a good case for some books requiring a closer read than others but this "unlevel" field does not seem to have affected the Vanguard.  Would you contend SCV does not deserve the top spot currently because the judges are not on the field?

It might be interesting to count how many times each corps drum line is close to the concert side.  Good chance some drill writers next year may cut back on their visits to the judge.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Unfortunately The Cadets’ are having a tough year but after their off season issues it’s not surprising.  I’m just glad they survived all that and will still make Finals.  That to me is something to be proud of.  Resilience is a good thing!

Yeah well explain that to Crossmen and Phantom. They have brass sections that played marvelously the majority of their respective shows, and didn’t have collisions in their closers and somehow were scored behind Cadets. 

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I can imagine 10 years from now where the Cavies are back to medaling consistently and even taking a few golds. Corps like Genesis and Spirit of Atlanta are taking finals spots of 9th and 10th place. The Bluecoats still being a crowd favorite but being more of a 4th or 5th place corps. SCV is still winning Sanfords and medaling. BD isnt medaling but around where the Bluecoats. Who do you think is that third medalist if Cavies and SCV are?

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Little Rock had the bow, but it seemed super rushed and messier than the slow ending.  I suspect tonight was leaving it out with the intention of having it again when they get the timing sorted out and ending cleaned up.  

Don’t worry, the staff has plenty of time to figure out how to put the bow in gracefully. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Little Rock had the bow, but it seemed super rushed and messier than the slow ending.  I suspect tonight was leaving it out with the intention of having it again when they get the timing sorted out and ending cleaned up.  

5 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

I hope they keep it in but find a way to integrate it a bit better.

I want them to keep the bow and have the "pitch bend" changed to match the timing of the bow so that when they resume form, they can pick up their horns as the pitch bend rises and bring us home with "Hey Jude."

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I found it interesting with the new ending that Bloo took the original "bow" out which was very cool, and then put it back in somehow.  I liked the original ending but more than that I like "big" endings.  The bow we saw tonight looked a bit forced but maybe Bluecoats staff has recognized that the fans like and are trying to keep it in.

I wonder what the judges think?

IMO Blue had the perfect ending with "The End". It we brilliant.  They are trying to add something that didn't need to be added. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Yeah well explain that to Crossmen and Phantom. They have competitive brass sections and didn’t have collisions in their closers and somehow were scored behind Cadets. That’s insulting.

I’ll go halfsies: I would have Crossmen ahead of Cadets but not Phantom Regiment.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I can imagine 10 years from now where the Cavies are back to medaling consistently and even taking a few golds. Corps like Genesis and Spirit of Atlanta are taking finals spots of 9th and 10th place. The Bluecoats still being a crowd favorite but being more of a 4th or 5th place corps. SCV is still winning Sanfords and medaling. BD isnt medaling but around where the Bluecoats. Who do you think is that third medalist if Cavies and SCV are?

posted from the DrumScorps app

Crown.

• Like 2