DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I want them to keep the bow and have the "pitch bend" changed to match the timing of the bow so that when they resume form, they can pick up their horns as the pitch bend rises and bring us home with "Hey Jude."

Not a bad idea!  👍

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I can imagine 10 years from now where the Cavies are back to medaling consistently and even taking a few golds. Corps like Genesis and Spirit of Atlanta are taking finals spots of 9th and 10th place. The Bluecoats still being a crowd favorite but being more of a 4th or 5th place corps. SCV is still winning Sanfords and medaling. BD isnt medaling but around where the Bluecoats. Who do you think is that third medalist if Cavies and SCV are?

posted from the DrumScorps app

I can imagine all that except BD not medaling. Haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cheesewater said:

And I'm saying that when I saw that show live, I exclaimed "Good lord that synth is too loud." and tonight watching it on Flo, I exclaimed "Good lord that synth is too loud."

Yeah.  That's fine.  I certainly can't argue with what you heard live.  Could be where you were sitting (line of 'sight' to an amp) which is essentially the same problem with the Flo mics.

Even in drumcorps prior to amplification, the recordings would always present with perceived balance issues that actually didn't exist.  Similar, momentary observations could be made live.  That's how it is when the ensemble spans 60 yards... and that's another reason (besides the visual reasons) to get seats that are distant, high and central (where, in my opinion, the Flo mics should be).

• Like 1

Just now, wvu80 said:

Not a bad idea!  👍

Thanks!

Ideally, I would have liked if they had kept part of "The End" as a transition into "Hey Jude," but I get where they're coming from. Just needs some tweaking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pbeau said:

IMO Blue had the perfect ending with "The End". It we brilliant.  They are trying to add something that didn't need to be added. 

Everyone needs some Hey Jude in their life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Night all. This is an amazing season. There isn’t a show I don’t like this year and the talent on the field is jaw dropping. Really feels like drum corps is at its zenith right now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FLBuzcut said:

Okay, BD is pretty great. The show is very entertaining. I wish there were more marching but I like the show a lot. 

THANK YOU! They don't move at all compared to the old BD. There's too much park and blow these days but I guess that's acceptable to the judges of today. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

Night all. This is an amazing season. There isn’t a show I don’t like this year and the talent on the field is jaw dropping. Really feels like drum corps is at its zenith right now.

This guy gets it. I only watched top 6, Troopers, and Mandarins tonight, but there was something to love from every corps when I watched the SA livestream last week. Compared to previous years, when I felt like there wasn’t much to be excited about beyond the top 5, this year has been amazing! No matter where any corps ends up, this year will be one for the history books in my opinion. 

Curious: When was the last "TIE" in DCI? I am aware of two years where there were two Co-Champions. Congrats to THE ACADEMY and COLTS on their 14 Place finish with a score of 79.875