DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Cadets are still sloppy and messy 

Yeah ...  maybe I was too busy with my hamburger but it did not feel so bad from the 200 level. 

....and it's suddenly top 6 again instead of top 5 or top 3....

We're so obsessed with the top.

I enjoyed all the corps tonight and know many of you did too.....

• Like 4

Just now, CorpsRelic said:

Curious: When was the last "TIE" in DCI? I am aware of two years where there were two Co-Champions. 

Three times, actually, with co-champs, 1996 (BD and PR), 1999 (BD and SCV), and 2000 (Cadets and Cavaliers).

In all three cases, further review indicates that there should have only been one winner that year. 😎

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, karuna said:

Just curious...how many live DCI shows have you actually been to?  I don't think I've ever been to a show where the drum judge wasn't a constant distraction (before this year of course).

Started following DCI in 2012, have been to 5 live shows in that time. No regionals though except for one leg of Allentown in 2013. Any other live drum corps has been attending rehearsals in late July/early August when some corps swing by my area. Also have never had the (dis)pleasure of experiencing drum corps in a dome, not sure if that makes a difference in how visible a judge is in the drill. 

I haven't noticed a judge in any of the admittedly few shows I've attended. I only notice a judge when the multi cam zooms in on them. 

Edited by Cappybara

34 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

One judge has Cadets 11th in GE2 and the other has them 7th. Is it even possible to define that category?

If there was any doubt as to just how subjective that caption is, these 4 judge panels help make it even more apparent.  

• Like 1

All I have to say is, Thank goodness for being in the Eastern Time Zone again. AmIright?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

All I have to say is, Thank goodness for being in the Eastern Time Zone again. AmIright?

Lame

We have a lot of battles right now.  

• Bluecoats are back on top of Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard got a lot closer to both tonight.  The fight for gold is gonna be a dogfight.  
  • Carolina Crown pulled a little bit ahead of Boston Crusaders and Cavaliers, but Cavaliers practically tied Boston Crusaders.  
  • Blue Knights were a very small margin ahead of Blue Stars.  
  • The Cadets were less than a point ahead of Mandarins who were less than a point ahead of Crossmen who were less than a point ahead of Phantom Regiment.  Whew.  Lots of plusses and minuses for all of those corps.  
  • Spirit of Atlanta is kinda sitting on an island in 13th.  If they can start really kicking the cleaning into high gear though they could make things interesting.  
  • Colts reeled The Academy back in to tie them, and Pacific Crest is suddenly within a point of both. 
  • Troopers and Madison Scouts remain pretty tight. 
  • And finally Genesis and Music City are neck and neck.  

I can't remember there being this much excitement from the top to the bottom of the leaderboard.  And then you throw in Open Class at prelims?  EXCITING!  

• Like 8