DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

9 out of 11 judges has Cavaliers higher in content than one or both of the corps above them.  So close!!!  

That's why I think they're going to move up the rest of the season if they clean.

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Yeah well explain that to Crossmen and Phantom. They have competitive brass sections and didn’t have collisions in their closers and somehow were scored behind Cadets. That’s insulting.

Yeah, well Garfield is better than both X-Men & PR.

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

Yeah.  That's fine.  I certainly can't argue with what you heard live.  Could be where you were sitting (line of 'sight' to an amp) which is essentially the same problem with the Flo mics.

Even in drumcorps prior to amplification, the recordings would always present with perceived balance issues that actually didn't exist.  Similar, momentary observations could be made live.  That's how it is when the ensemble spans 60 yards... and that's another reason (besides the visual reasons) to get seats that are distant, high and central (where, in my opinion, the Flo mics should be).

I love the Bluecoats show, but the extreme amplification of the horns and drums is obnoxious and deceiving.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fracker said:

Trombone glissandi are way out of control.  SCV's tb soloist is the way to use it.  I had to dig this up though:

That is a great uniform...and SPATS!

18 hours ago, KPinCAL said:

Dude people that talk during shows can kiss my ###

I finally had to turn around and tell a bunch of kids to shut up.  They looked so surprised

Edited by EricS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, KPinCAL said:

Dude people that talk during shows can kiss my ###

If their talking consists of response to the shows, that's OK, in my opinion.

Used to be that at the start of many drum corps competitions, the announcer would make a point of telling the audience to cheer at any point (not just between performances). Does that sort of announcement ever still happen?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I can imagine 10 years from now where the Cavies are back to medaling consistently and even taking a few golds. Corps like Genesis and Spirit of Atlanta are taking finals spots of 9th and 10th place. The Bluecoats still being a crowd favorite but being more of a 4th or 5th place corps. SCV is still winning Sanfords and medaling. BD isnt medaling but around where the Bluecoats. Who do you think is that third medalist if Cavies and SCV are?