DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

Electronics fail.

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Space cowboys!  

Yeah I get they were going for "space, the final frontier" but...last year was such a lovely Trooper look with the way they did the Black Parade.   I miss it.  

1 hour ago, Jake W. said:

Carolina Gold sounded legit awful in some parts. I was doing the dishes and half listening and literally stopped what I was doing to go over to my computer and watch what the hell was going on.

Atlanta CV, per usual, sounds excellent! This is a neat show. I need to get into DCA --- I know very little of the circuit other than that I typically enjoy watching Atlanta CV every year at the beginning of the Atlanta regional. 

The top half of DCA or so is solid drum corps -- say anything that scores 85 or better by Labor Day. Below that it's hit and miss. People will say you can't compare them, but basically if you take a score in DCA and subtract 10-15 points you get the score in DCI. (A bit less at the top end, a bit more at the bottom end.) This can be shown by checking years when one European corps played in DCI and another European corps played in DCA.

• Like 1

oh flo..what is that blackness in the upper right corner..quit messsing with the camera

get your hands off the lense..reeee

Edited by Zeke

Prop colors are showing nicely.  Unfortunate for the electronics collapse leaving some dead sound spots.