DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I only went to Atlanta once. It was a young and rather “spirited” crowd (no pun intended), and though it was an off year, Spirit did get a warm response. It was a Crown audience, no question, but I found the shows that tend to appeal to a younger under crowd got a better response. That was 2014 and Bloo had “Tilt,” a huge crowd pleaser. 

I went in 2013.  The old place.  Bought seats in the top row of the lower section and the open concourse was super noisy. 

19 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Just keep the corps away from there. Isn’t it usually around this time of the season some corps gets a flu, or the grip, or some other plague that spreads and spreads.

So true, @Tim K.  

For all of the MMs and staff reading DCP, wash hands, wash hands, wash hands...

Keep all the corps healthy. Keep the competitions exciting. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Just keep the corps away from there. Isn’t it usually around this time of the season some corps gets a flu, or the grip, or some other plague that spreads and spreads.

I still remember what happened to the Cavaliers back in 2015. That corps was close to overtaking BK for the Top 6 at San Antonio before things went awry.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ediker said:

So true, @Tim K.  

For all of the MMs and staff reading DCP, wash hands, wash hands, wash hands...

Keep all the corps healthy. Keep the competitions exciting. 

Just as important, wash your water jugs!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Remember:  Benz stadium prices are not what you'd expect. They are MUCH cheaper by decree of the ATL Falcons owner -- bless him!

Saw the show there last year. It is the BEST! The private bathroom areas on the club levels, the affordably food and drink (including beers!). Really great!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

The portals to the concourses (at least on the lower level) are much better than the old Georgia Dome too, at least from a noise perspective. And the lighting is phenomenal.

I didn’t chance it this time.  Row 4 blast zone. 

• Like 1