DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

Hmm.  Up close that body motion at the start looks mighty dirty, in part because the uniforms seem so awkward for that much motion.  I suspect from up high, the uniforms hide a lot of that dirt though.  

Edit: Some foot dirt peekabooing through the skirts every time they're up close on camera too.    It' does look miles better when they're up high though, almost a glide effect.  And the stuff they've cleaned (like the legwork there) that uses the skirt is super neat.  

Edited by KVG_DC

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Hmm.  Up close that body motion at the start looks mighty dirty, in part because the uniforms seem so awkward for that much motion.  I suspect from up high, the uniforms hide a lot of that dirt though.  

I love their uniforms!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I guess I’m going to tear up every time I see Scouts from now on. 

I’ll gladly support the Scouts in the years ahead. But I suspect it will be an emotional moment for a lot of people when they perform Thursday in LOS. 

• Like 2

Why am i channelling the evil Emporer from Star Wars?  Sorry if God wanted us to spell she would not have invented spell check

Edited by Bucbari

Just now, mjoakes said:

I’ll gladly support the Scouts in the years ahead. But I suspect it will be an emotional moment for a lot of people when they perform Thursday in LOS. 

They'll perform Friday, too. Top 25 perform in Semis

• Like 1

Just now, Mikah said:

I love their uniforms!

Oh they're a good look.  I'm just noticing more dirt sticking out from under them when the camera goes close than I have in previous reads.  We'll see as they shed the skirts how things look today.  It may be that they just "leave it unclean" because it does read fine from up high. 

1 minute ago, mjoakes said:

It will probably be Friday, but if Open Class really steps it up and the Scouts don't get clean enough by then, they could find themselves out of Semis.

Spirit of Atlanta is so close.........the show is there, as is the energy.  I just noticed a pretty large leap in cleanliness and performance quality live from them to Phantom Regiment live.  It was pretty stark.  Not a dig on Spirit of Atlanta!  I love the show, they just haven't cleaned as fast as I'd hoped they would.  They have the show to put some pressure on 12th, just not quite yet.  Still has two weeks, and we've seen quite a few close calls and knock outs recently.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1