DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I kind of chuckled today looking at the flomarching schedule.  We’ll fly home Sunday morning and will be parked in front of tv Sunday night watching Nightbeat.  We’re crazy. 😂 

We opted to go to Atlanta over Winston Salem, which is only one hour away because concessions are cheaper in Atlanta ??? and it could rain !!!! and.......... I couldn't get my Madison Scout and Music City t-shirts at Night Beats ! now that makes sense. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, onionhead said:

We opted to go to Atlanta over Winston Salem, which is only one hour away because concessions are cheaper in Atlanta ??? and it could rain !!!! and.......... I couldn't get my Madison Scout and Music City t-shirts at Night Beats ! now that makes sense. 

Priorities :91_thumbsup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FLBuzcut said:

An interesting feature of the club level is the entrances to the stands are on the field; literally on the field. There's a broad area before you climb the stairs where you can hang out on the sidelines. Last year I watched Regiment from there. Pretty interesting perspective. Reminded me of when I marched and the view of other corps performances was mostly from ground level.

A side benefit to this is that the sound from the Delta Club does not bleed into the stands, because virtually all of the seats are above and behind the opening. Not that there's much sound coming from the Delta Club -- its relatively pretty subdued, compared to the noisy concourses the old Georgia Dome used to have.

But, yeah. I remember last year being within spitball distance from the pit members when coming back from the Delta Club to my seat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

Ok, Anyone got a beat on who the judges are for this show?

Who's bringing a new ending?

Will Boston have their 4th Tenor Drummer in by this show?

Who Wins?

no.

Bluecoats

Yes

Bluecoats

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Liahona said:

I know...this will be my first indoor one in "like um' EVER"...lol

I will ALSO be at Murfrees on Fri and Winston-Salem on Sun as well....so at least those TWO are outdoors...will get a great comparison actually 🙂

once you go indoor - it's hard to go back

willis-carrier-inventor-ofairconditionin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Like this venue a lot. Good location, walkable hotels nearby (though pricey), great view of the shows, and unusual convenience for getting in and out of seats. Plus, the whole club atmosphere - there are clubs everywhere - is a bit like hanging out in someone's living room.

Last year's crowd around me was not drum corps savvy, however (despite my having purchased seats through Friends of DCI). They came and went just like at a football game, never making any connections to what was happening on the field. It got so bad, I spoke with a couple of the staff hanging out at the section entrance near me. They knew nothing about drum corps and claimed to have had no training or instructions from DCI.

My speaking up means it was really bad. I am much more comfortable holding in my misery and then whining about it later.

• Like 2

If you come in a day early or are staying a day late, and need something fun and family-friendly to do, I highly recommend the Georgia Aquarium. It really is world class and is right down the street from the stadium.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

If you come in a day early or are staying a day late, and need something fun and family-friendly to do, I highly recommend the Georgia Aquarium. It really is world class and is right down the street from the stadium.

Also world of Coke. And make sure to sample the "Beverly."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Liahona said:

I never understand WHY they have to do the random order thing. It's not like it's going to make a difference. How do we even know it's even random order?...LOL

If it were truly random you might consider taking the overall DCI rankings at 5 days before SA, (podcast it ?) then draw 1-6, 7-12, then halve  the balance from 13 -? into 2 groups.  Then after that show  ATL could be draws in groups of 4.  Draws in 3's seems too limited.  Just a thought.