DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I give the music an A+ but I'm not a fan of the storyline/design of the show. Just copy Pios design from a couple years ago with this music. 

The show concept is still stuck in neutral, but the kids are doing their absolute best. They have somehow put together a full brass ensemble sound and are really selling their show.

2 minutes ago, va9590jm said:

Phantom needs to learn how to sustain long tones. Especially the trumpets. I’m sorry, but that was so painful to listen to while they’re sustaining. If they don’t get that cleaned up by prelims, then there is a clear and easy opening for Spirit to walk through.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I think the finals line is clear.  But sustains near the end in particular suffered. I was noticing during the singing portion when the did the close up, "boy those kids look a bit exhausted already".  They pushed through to the end well but the sustains suffered for it.   They're pouring so much energy into this show, its now a matter of stamina through to the end I think.  They can do that.

Mandarins chant to djembe opening is so cool.  

Bungie prop scares me every time they do it.

I will say though as cool as the djembe opening is, by the time they get to the mass body movement/dance portion, I'm over it and thinking, "Ok, gimme some brass wows now please."  That's my one major quibble with this show.