DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

Possibly my favorite show of the year.  On an emotional level it feels like the true follow up to their "That One Second" program from a few years back.  Wonderful!

Edited by bluesman
wording
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

but there is nothing happening visually that matters.

yeah, except all the marching and formations and the effective placement of the guard and the music sections during their important moments.

but if you mean there are no big stages, or pods of players pushing around pucks or bridges, then yeah.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I'd personally have Blue Stars a little farther ahead right now.  BK is great, but occasionally there are some releases or timing things that are a little questionable.  Still, great show.  

Knights frustrate me like no other corps because I feel like they could easily be at Vanguard level of shows but seem just hell bent on remaining what they are. They are always a corps that I would pay to listen to Ina stand still performance. The most interesting arrangements!

• Like 2

BK Musical book is another really nice piece of subtlety blended together in what is now a signature style for them.  

Visually, yeah, they're just sort of "there" this year.  2015 did the mirrors and color so much better (and the spirally tarp).  Last year had all the Egyptian stuff going on.  This year...it seems they're trying to go back to the sort of abstraction they were doing with the That One Second, Because, The Big Event shows, but it seems visually so barebones in comparison to those three shows. 

Edit: In that sense they're causing me to 'remember everything' but I guess I want more of those bits visually.  They've got some time to do that...and traditionally have thrown more visual color out there in the guard at the end of the season.  I remember Because didn't get everything it had going on until the last two weeks too.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1