Mesquite, TX - Monday, July 22, 2019

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

judge the show of the day and to the criteria of your sheet. and this season judges are doing it. there's no rule that says scores MUST go up every time out

right, but a full point seems a little harsh. Maybe they were overscored in SA, sure, but if they're the only corps to drop points-wise it strikes me as a little much

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Bloo would have won brass but someone put them 4th in content.  🙄

I personally agree with the brass content ordinals tonight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Bloo would have won brass but someone put them 4th in content.  🙄

Judges are finally noticing. Multiple judges had them higher in achievement than content in different captions. Their program is not as difficult as some of the groups beneath them. The show is just so well designed that a lot of people don’t notice those things.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, rr4353 said:

Did something happen with BK? Went down a full point tonight.

BK performed without their props tonight, so that probably didn’t help.  I also felt like they came off a little flat, hard to play a subtle- dynamic show in high winds. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frollo said:

Judges are finally noticing. Multiple judges had them higher in achievement than content in different captions. Their program is not as difficult as some of the groups beneath them. The show is just so well designed that a lot of people don’t notice those things.

I was just going to post this. If I remember correctly posters on here said that the Bluecoats brass book wasn’t as difficult as those in the top six.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Hello, Spirit! 👀

I'm a phantom homer but that spirit show is miles ahead of phantom's. Phantom is performing the crap out of their show and that's what's keeping them ahead right now 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I'm a phantom homer but that spirit show is miles ahead of phantom's. Phantom is performing the crap out of their show and that's what's keeping them ahead right now 

Up through San Antonio, I wasn’t entirely sure if Spirit would be able to close the gap on Phantom later in the season, even after their early-season victories.

Tonight, they proved that. We’ll see if the trend lasts, but it’s very possible we could see them on Saturday night.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I was just going to post this. If I remember correctly posters on here said that the Bluecoats brass book wasn’t as difficult as those in the top six.

Then those posters went to bed because they had middle school band practice the next morning.

Yes, that was snarky, but please take a look at the 20 recaps involving the 20-0 Bluecoats.

OK...time for this old guy to go to bed too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I agree with the content score for bloo as much as I hate to admit it. Doug Thrower just does a very good job arranging the brass book. Truly a brilliant person. Fact of the matter is I believe the Cavie, Crown, and BD has a harder book.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1