Mesquite, TX - Monday, July 22, 2019

21 minutes ago, rr4353 said:

right, but a full point seems a little harsh. Maybe they were overscored in SA, sure, but if they're the only corps to drop points-wise it strikes me as a little much

show of the day. last numbers mean nothing. this isn't USBands with a sliding scale

3 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Then those posters went to bed because they had middle school band practice the next morning.

Yes, that was snarky, but please take a look at the 20 recaps involving the 20-0 Bluecoats.

OK...time for this old guy to go to bed too.

We can let the recaps the rest of the season speak for themselves 🙂 

Keep the snark coming, I like it :guinesssmilie:

• Like 1

I remember about 5 or 6 years ago when it wasnt uncommon to drop down in score. Even the 02 Cavies dropped in points from time to time. I think its a result of the judges calling it as it is and I like it

posted from the DrumScorps app

33 minutes ago, Frollo said:

Judges are finally noticing. Multiple judges had them higher in achievement than content in different captions. Their program is not as difficult as some of the groups beneath them. The show is just so well designed that a lot of people don’t notice those things.

Seems like some people here noticed.

Can Bloo punch up the difficulty? Thicken up some chords? Replace some eighth notes with sixteenth notes?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Had fun tonight once I got in (though the walk back to my car was a bit scary).  

Wind was crazy, especially for the first half.  Again, kudos to the guards for fighting that.  

Bluecoats had a great run tonight, much tighter all around.  And if you want more.........they spend three more days in Little Rock this week.  Should be fun.  If people think the brass book is less difficult, that's fine.  They're not saying it's easy (which it is definitely not).  Can't say I agree, but that's fine.  We can all have different opinions!  That's okay.  There are some incredible brass lines this year, theirs included.  

Blue Devils, again.  I really like this show too.  I'm pulling for Bloo, but I wouldn't mind seeing this one win either.  There is just something really captivating about this years show for me.  It's so creepy, playful, and self reflecting to me.  They're apparently making some changes this week too, I'm exited to see where they go.  

Carolina Crown sounds SO GOOD!  That opening note said #### you to the wind and slapped you in the face.  Drums are awesome too, and guard is making progress.  Even if I feel like it's a little lacking all together, it's still so great to watch and listen to.  

CAVALIERS!  Love that show.  So high octane and pedal to the metal.  Brass is phenomenal.   Again, I think they're doing some of the best phrasing and shaping out there.  I wish I could hear that ballad again.  

Blue Knights felt a little reserved to me tonight, but I still think this show is so ethereal and beautiful.  And they're so ATHLETIC!  Some downright sprinting and playing in there.  Really cool stuff.  

Crossmen have turned into one of my favorites this year after seeing them live.  That show is a freakin rock concert on the field.  Just so entertaining.  

Phantom Regiment keeps cleaning and cleaning and cleaning.  Show is starting to really sparkle in spots, they were the first corps to really get the crowd going (though I missed Madison because of the parking apocalypse, sure they got a good response too).  Drums are great.  

Spirit of Atlanta is so close...........they haven't cleaned as fast as I thought they would, but the show is still super fun.  Excited to see how they do in front of their home crowd.  

Colts have a very nice show, the transition from fire to ice has gotten lots of oohs and ahhs at the shows I've been to.  Still love the fire section.  

Troopers have some really lush and pretty musical moments in their show.  I do think the tarps help make the field feel a little less empty, but nice job.  

Sad I missed Madison Scouts.  😞 Though the crowd seemed really into it when I was making the trek from the parking apocalypse.  

I truly appreciate both the content and objectivity of your show analysis! 

Simply the best... no snark, no bias... just great drum corps analysis. 

Thank you sir! 

• Like 8

22 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'm almost sold on Poppycock's theory. The Devils have been knocking and knocking on the door first gently, then a little harder. Either tonight or Atlanta will be the night when they finally kick it in. 

Well, I'm 0 for 1 in the prediction department. Perhaps Atlanta will be the night. Bloo sure doesn't appear to be ready to give up that streak. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cfmninjaa said:

The drum corps app could use an update. I've tried to reply to quite a few comments over the last couple of days and it shows up as nothing

posted from the DrumScorps app

Its the nested quote thing,  If it's more than two quotes deep, it clips the comment.  I mentioned it in the app thread too.

7 hours ago, brassboy said:

Troopers ahead of Madison! 😯

Wowza. There's no sleeping in drum corps. Scouts. 

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Seems like some people here noticed.

Can Bloo punch up the difficulty? Thicken up some chords? Replace some eighth notes with sixteenth notes?

it seems easy because they are performing it so well. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1