PECKVILLE - Live Stream

2 hours ago, BigW said:

Very true. Seen them out in the Fall. Also seen Cabs, Fusion, Bush, even The Raiders, Surf, and Encorps out as well. I would guess C2 recruited exclusively within US Bands shows. I would think Hurcs in the MAC, Sun in the LI circuit.

My guess is Erie was pretty much relying on LMBA and Avon Lake for percussion, though I think they needed to cast nets out a bit more to other nearby circuits.

I'm uncertain what numbers actually indicate any interest, then what percentages then actually show up, then what percentages once they show up, stay. I have a feeling the percentages are extremely low. If they're over 5 percent of those who express interest, I would view that as successful.

I honestly have no idea what CV does. I asked to volunteer this year buy never heard back from them after maybe November. I'm certain they do SOMETHING.

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I know Erie did a few of the TOB shows out that way. 

And yes yes I see others too. I did forget one thing with Bucs: design team and caption head stability. They don’t replace big names often 

Very true regarding Bucs' staff. They seem to have found the right combination of individuals. Emphasis on combination.

16 minutes ago, BigW said:

Very true regarding Bucs' staff. They seem to have found the right combination of individuals. Emphasis on combination.

in 15 years at most any caption changed maybe 3 times at the top....and almost always replaced by someone from within the program. Many of the techs have been there the entire run or a large part of it. Even the administration changes were all people inside the family already. 

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Rin 15 years at most any caption changed maybe 3 times at the top....and almost always replaced by someone from within the program. Many of the techs have been there the entire run or a large part of it. Even the administration changes were all people inside the family already. 

Reminds me of a Richard Childress comment. Basically he said, everyone in NASCAR works hard, everyone has fantastic talent. The trick was finding the right combination of that hard working talent. Doug Fehan at Corvette Racing told me much the same in a conversation.

Personally, the best experiences I had working with HS programs were when those things all really clicked. There were a couple of years I really liked who I was with staff-wise and felt very comfortable around them, and it did make a massive difference for everyone's experience.

Edited by BigW

On 7/28/2019 at 7:22 PM, BigW said:

Getting Labor Day snipped off would be another blow on that end. Vicious circle of time, appropriate design for the limited performances... all more and more difficult.

I would think it would mean corps having to make show-design changes, to give the programs a chance to be "championship clean" in a shorter time period.

Or not.  :tongue:

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I would think it would mean corps having to make show-design changes, to give the programs a chance to be "championship clean" in a shorter time period.

Or not.  :tongue:

it may encourage corps to go out more often

On 7/30/2019 at 2:35 PM, BigW said:

Reminds me of a Richard Childress comment. Basically he said, everyone in NASCAR works hard, everyone has fantastic talent. The trick was finding the right combination of that hard working talent. Doug Fehan at Corvette Racing told me much the same in a conversation.

Personally, the best experiences I had working with HS programs were when those things all really clicked. There were a couple of years I really liked who I was with staff-wise and felt very comfortable around them, and it did make a massive difference for everyone's experience.

Even in a NASCAR race, you can have the best, and most well coordinated team, have the best owner, and recruit the best drivers, but if you enter the race in a Yugo, you will still lose!

3 hours ago, VOReason said:

Even in a NASCAR race, you can have the best, and most well coordinated team, have the best owner, and recruit the best drivers, but if you enter the race in a Yugo, you will still lose!

Lol how do you get a Yugo to go from 0-60 in just a few seconds.... push it off a cliff..:

11 hours ago, VOReason said:

The cars are close. In this activity, one can somewhat compensate for a weak show vehicle by cleaning the heck out of it and maxing it in hopes the competition can't play as clean with their better program. Sometimes, it can work if the opposition can't clean adequately. Someone overwrites for their program and even though on paper they have the better program, if it's filthy...

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol how do you get a Yugo to go from 0-60 in just a few seconds.... push it off a cliff..:

My dad always called the Yugo the "Commie Coup." He wasn't the most politically correct person lol.

• Haha 1