Hattiesburg, MS - Wednesday, July 24, 2019

11 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

If it wasn’t for the strength of their percussion it could be worse. There was so much promise this year because last year they seemed to be on the right track. 

As much as I hate to admit it I think we are learning that the show last year was ok due to GH presence through the winter and not hurt by that. This years program is extremely weak 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Blue Stars are putting up some serious content scores in some captions.  Geez.  

Maybe they are getting credit for all that drill they are doing?  

5 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

It will hurt a LOT if Cadets and Phantom are both out of Finals.

You'd need Spirit and Academy to jump both Cadets and Phantom. That seems... unlikely. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

As much as I hate to admit it I think we are learning that the show last year was ok due to GH presence through the winter and not hurt by that. This years program is extremely weak 

They’re bottoming out.  It was going to happen.  They need to find their way now.  This way is not the way. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

They’re bottoming out.  It was going to happen.  They need to find their way now.  This way is not the way. 

Sad to watch- I feel terrible for the members who are talented and working very hard 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I hate seeing it.  The kids are obviously talented and doing their all to sell this show, it just sucks that what they have is so so so weak.  In San Antonio on row 6 the kids blew me away, I just think the design staff got tripped up in designing a show that spoke to things that didn’t need to be said on the field.  

I’m no soothsayer but when I was reading several paragraphs about the show...well, I have a theory about long explanations about 11 minute shows.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Less to do with him personally than the consistency and routine that he represented. All the winter work was done with the routine in place that had existed for decades. Even when he was removed and some parts of the show had to be reworked, the inertia of the way of doing things kept things moving forward.

This year, rather than start with the consistent approach and begin tweaking it, the choice was made to throw out bathwater and baby and attempt to reinvent everything at once. The result: an epic mess and both design and performance confusion. If you attempt to turn an ocean liner that sharply, you are bound to capsize.

At least the pain is going to be so severe that all concerned may be shocked into planning better in the future. 

• Like 3