Hattiesburg, MS - Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Someone already posted BDs show from tonight on YouTube. The ending has changed a bit. More violins sounds and stationed on the field. You could tell it’s new because it looks a bit ruff but come Atlanta this could be terrific.  

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Oh that’s right and you’re totally correct. A forgettable show. 

Only made more forgettable by the fact that it's sandwiched in between two of Phantom's most memorable shows, Spartacus and Into the Light.

9 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

If I was in a coma for 5 years and just now woke up....to see corps like MS, PR and the Cadets in this situation....did hell freeze over? 

Well, even 5 years ago you could see some of this coming. Cadets were still good but the design choices and other issues were a major talking point even then. With Phantom and Madison it has been evident that they have been on a downward slope...at least from a competitive standpoint. I have actually enjoyed a number of Madison and Phantom productions over the past 5 to 10 years. But competitively I know they are struggling. But in general do agree with you. This is a different era and many of the "big names" from back in the day are no longer the top corps of today. 

Big congrats to Cali corps like Mandarins and Pacific Crest who have upped their game. Some 30 years ago most people would not have thought of Bluecoats the way we see them today. Same with Crown.  And Boston is learning how to become a championship contender. Who knows, maybe some day the Mandarins or PC will be top 5 contenders. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Well, even 5 years ago you could see some of this coming. Cadets were still good but the design choices and other issues were a major talking point even then. With Phantom and Madison it has been evident that they have been on a downward slope...at least from a competitive standpoint. I have actually enjoyed a number of Madison and Phantom productions over the past 5 to 10 years. But competitively I know they are struggling. But in general do agree with you. This is a different era and many of the "big names" from back in the day are no longer the top corps of today. 

Big congrats to Cali corps like Mandarins and Pacific Crest who have upped their game. Some 30 years ago most people would not have thought of Bluecoats the way we see them today. Same with Crown.  And Boston is learning how to become a championship contender. Who knows, maybe some day the Mandarins or PC will be top 5 contenders. 

And don't forget my Academy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I call that a hiccup faze. BD had this in the early 90’s of not being in the top consideration. And SCV being good but not considered a top 3 for a long time. But nothing like The Cadets. This is a big free fall. Who knows where the Cadets would be if the GH scandal didn’t happen. Of course he needed to go but the effects of it are coming forward. 

13 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

And don't forget my Academy!

Yes. I love them. Loved the Marry Poppins show, and I really loved the Corpse Bride show. Would love to see them top 5 someday. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Yes. I love them. Loved the Marry Poppins show, and I really loved the Corpse Bride show. Would love to see them top 5 someday. 

Oh NO. Seriously a Marry Poppins show from a WC corp? Unless it’s a anti dark Marry Poppins show a show like Marry Poppins are more inline with the Blue Devils C Corp. 

4 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Oh NO. Seriously a Marry Poppins show from a WC corp? Unless it’s a anti dark Marry Poppins show a show like Marry Poppins are more inline with the Blue Devils C Corp. 

That show was awesome and when I knew they were gonna make finals very soon.  It might not be everyone’s cup of tea but they did an awesome job with it.   They did the cute, fun, and lighthearted shows SO well.

God I miss their little niche they had......

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

That show was awesome and when I knew they were gonna make finals very soon.  It might not be everyone’s cup of tea but they did an awesome job with it.   They did the cute, fun, and lighthearted shows SO well   

God I miss their little niche they had......

But that a totally different show and yes it’s was great. But Marry Poppins is a spoon full of sugar. I’m not a big Marry Poppins fan. Too much sugar. And why this only for The Academy? Why not Boston or BD? 

7 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Mary Poppins was GREAT, and that's coming from someone who looks for an insulin shot every time I am subjected to anything Poppins. It was a charming and refreshing show with tons of personality, as was Drum Corpse Bride.

Since then, they've blandifed everything and are getting lost in the shuffle again.

• Like 3