Hattiesburg, MS - Wednesday, July 24, 2019

I think Academy has never been WGI enough, which suits me fine. I think Academy is fabulous . 

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

Mary Poppins was GREAT, and that's coming from someone who looks for an insulin shot every time I am subjected to anything Poppins. It was a charming and refreshing show with tons of personality, as was Drum Corpse Bride.

Since then, they've blandifed everything and are getting lost in the shuffle again.

I pretty sure nobody is looking at a Marry Poppins show and thinking......OMG why didn’t anyone do this show.. 

4 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

But that a totally different show and yes it’s was great. But Marry Poppins is a spoon full of sugar. I’m not a big Marry Poppins fan. Too much sugar. And why this only for The Academy? Why not Boston or BD? 

DMTx (and others) were referring to Academy's 2015 show.  It was a good fun D&B show.  Don't thing they were suggesting they should do a MP show again.

5 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Mary Poppins was GREAT, and that's coming from someone who looks for an insulin shot every time I am subjected to anything Poppins. It was a charming and refreshing show with tons of personality, as was Drum Corpse Bride.

Since then, they've blandifed everything and are getting lost in the shuffle again.

They are trying to make a transition (or a bridge) to a more mature corps and widen the types of shows they can handle.  I think they can do that and still remain "The Academy".

3 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I pretty sure nobody is looking at a Marry Poppins show and thinking......OMG why didn’t anyone do this show.. 

That's what people said about the Beatles. Anything can be done and done well. The Marry Poppins show was outstanding. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DFA1970 said:

Give me an The Exorcist show and I’m on board. 👹

That would be interesting. :) I'd definitely pay to see it. 

2 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Well actually they did. In a kinda way. 

I just went back and looked at both jwillis35 and DrumManTx.  Neither were suggesting that any corps do a MP show.  Both suggested it was a fun show.