Hattiesburg, MS - Wednesday, July 24, 2019

1 minute ago, DFA1970 said:

Who did  the MP show? I don’t remember. 

The Academy 2015.

Just now, PamahoNow said:

I just went back and looked at both jwillis35 and DrumManTx.  Neither were suggesting that any corps do a MP show.  Both suggested it was a fun show.

That’s cool. No argument here. But no Marry Poppins show. I just don’t like MP. 🤮

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Well someone did a really creepy version of The Shining last year (Oregon Crusaders?) and then promptly folded after, so careful what you wish for....😂

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Well someone did a really creepy version of The Shining last year (Oregon Crusaders?) and then promptly folded after, so careful what you wish for....😂

But it would be fun to take on the dark side. 

2 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Sorry I didn’t know that. Must have. Even in Open class or back then div. 2. 

Academy has been in World Class (Div I) since 2007.

I'm laughing pretty good at the reaction to the Mary Poppins show.  I remember when that was announced and I thought "ugh. this will be terrible. And they had something going with Vanity Fair last year."  But they sold it and it worked!  I was singing Supercalifragilisticexpalidocious along with them by season's end. 

But yeah, The Academy left that 'quirky and cute' thing behind. They tried keeping it and upping the content difficulty with By a Hare, but seemed to struggle with going "all in" on the lightheartedness through the season.   MCDC has sort of inherited that mantle with their move up to WC with the Casey Jones show and now all the Mice.

• Like 1

Yeah. I would be there for an Exorcist show by the current Mandarins team. 

• Like 3