Little Rock, AR - Wednesday, July 20, 2019

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Don’t like sitting higher?

Got tickets too late

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Not another 7P’s moment by someone.  (Sorry, seen too many “didn’t plan ahead “ situations lately.)

Nope. None of the “P’s”. Schedule wasn’t going to allow it until about three days ago. Just glad to get tickets this year. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

Nostalgia:

I was in the Crossmen in 1977 when we competed at the very first drum corps competition ever held in Little Rock.  It was at the University of Arkansas Razorback stadium.  We still did retreats back then.  While we were on the field waiting for the scores, the announcer said, "Let's give these kids from the East and Midwest an Arkansas welcome".  Then the entire crowd chanted "Soooooie" (the pig call).  Wierdest thing I ever heard.

Edit:  I said 1978 originally.  Doublechecked and it was 1977.  The Kilties won the show.  The Guardsmen came in 2nd and we came in 3rd.  Garfield Cadets came in 4th.

Marched with BAC 91 in that stadium.  Once we were called to At Ease, somebody yelled, "Why the Hell did I just march over a pig?!"  I explained the Razorback team.

We had a laundry day in the area.  As we were waiting for our laundry to be done, a local posed, "Hey, where y'all from?"  I tend to be the spokesperson.  I told him, "We're based in Boston."  "I could tell by the accents," he told us.  The accent comment makes sense until I realized I was sitting with a Bostonian, a guy from Tennessee, and a young lady from the Netherlands.  And I'm from western Mass., where we have (what I like to call) a "New New MassaConnectiMont" accent.

Edited by BAC91
  • Haha 1

Wow Jersey. That’s a lot of blue!

3 hours ago, kbbandman said:

A "little bird" told me that SCV is supposed to (finally) have their ending in place, and that they are working on a way to tone down the glare on the tarps.  I am curious how that turns out.

I saw them practice last night....such a great show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’ll change.  

It did. Lol. 

• Haha 2