Little Rock, AR - Wednesday, July 20, 2019

1 minute ago, just_another_fanatic said:

SCV’s giant tarp is gone and they look infinitely cleaner. Hopefully their visual score improves because of it. 

I figured they would lose the middle one - the others seemed to work well to ground those features 

4 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

We are used to the other ending.

This is a starting point for a higher velocity close with a little more GE (which they needed).  It'll change before it's all said and done... and the crowd will go bananas.

Could be - waiting to see it again 

Just now, George Dixon said:

I actually loved the other ending as it was very parallel to the ending of the Beatles- poof they did a performance, took a bow and were gone 

True, as a Beatles fan (or atleast someone familiar with the group) you have that insight that I don't. 

For me, Hey Jude is a recognizable song so I enjoyed it more

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Are we sure the tarps weren't just gone because of the field today? I'd be very surprised if the tarps are scrapped altogether 

The smaller circular tarps that surrounded the Big One were on field. Framed the middle of the field rather neatly. I MUCH prefer it. 

Edited by just_another_fanatic

From what I could see SCV looked and sounded great! Crowd seemed to really appreciate it, too! Go SCV! Can't wait to see them on Saturday!

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I actually loved the other ending as it was very parallel to the ending of the Beatles- poof they did a performance, took a bow and were gone 

Except this show is The Bluecoats  and the new ending drives that point home tenfold. 

• Like 5

Just now, Cappybara said:

True, as a Beatles fan (or atleast someone familiar with the group) you have that insight that I don't. 

For me, Hey Jude is a recognizable song so I enjoyed it more

People will be singing that song at finals week performances (couldn't say that about the transcendent existential design of the other ending).

Chalk this decision up to pragmatic "forethought".

• Like 7