Little Rock, AR - Wednesday, July 20, 2019

2 hours ago, Den8uml said:

This is a great brass group this year but there is something differentiating them from the other top corps where they all have better sounding brass 

Naturally sounding better, or are other corps doing a better job with the synth?  To me on flo, SCV's contras do not sound naturally.

How many quads did Boston have tonight?  Thanks.

Edited by Ghost

6 hours ago, BAC91 said:

Marched with BAC 91 in that stadium.  Once we were called to At Ease, somebody yelled, "Why the Hell did I just march over a pig?!"  I explained the Razorback team.

We had a laundry day in the area.  As we were waiting for our laundry to be done, a local posed, "Hey, where y'all from?"  I tend to be the spokesperson.  I told him, "We're based in Boston."  "I could tell by the accents," he told us.  The accent comment makes sense until I realized I was sitting with a Bostonian, a guy from Tennessee, and a young lady from the Netherlands.  And I'm from western Mass., where we have (what I like to call) a "New New MassaConnectiMont" accent.

I remember nothing about that season now...LOL

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Hm? I don't see where Bloo's content and achievement have leveled out. If anything the recap suggests they still have more improvement to do. The recaps from SA actually suggested more leveling out than this one does 

None of their achievement scores are higher than their content (not that it really mattered when they were).

Edited by cfirwin3

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I don’t see a lot of corps bashing on Bloo’s thread. 

Indeed not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

Off topic, but speaking of The Prestige (which is the movie I picked for my nametag at the theatre I work at) I just watched Christopher Nolan's first film Following for the first time today. Good stuff!

That’s on the HBO rotation this week. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

How many quads did Boston have tonight?  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

After watching the periscopes from way up high, I’m even more convinced that I actually do have the best seats in the house in Indy.  This kind of drum corps should be watched in the lower sections.  You miss a lot of nuance way high.  

And no one does nuance better than Bloo. I agree, the blast zone rocks. I know every corps runs around fast in weird little formations. Give me the sound that goes with it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

After watching the periscopes from way up high, I’m even more convinced that I actually do have the best seats in the house in Indy.  This kind of drum corps should be watched in the lower sections.  You miss a lot of nuance way high.  

Completely agree! I have been converted from a high watcher to a front and low watcher the last two seasons. Especially after you have seen the drill from high at least once to know it, I then enjoy the show better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

And if there is a part of the show where you want to see the drill, you can just look up at the big overhead screen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1