New Rule for the next conference

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

All music is to be performed live.  Sync should be limited to "effects" and spoken word.  All singing, playing of music is to be performed live.

I agree - and I have been thinking that way for a while. But for me, allow synth and pre-recorded sound effects only.

My feeling is this: Drum Corps is a performance medium, to be performed by the 154 members on the field.  NOT the 154 AND all the studio musicians you hired back in Chicago.  If you want vocals, great. If you want singing, solo or a full choir - wonderful! But use a current marching member, NOT a professional studio musician. 

And if they can't do the job, or sound like Sinatra or John Lennon,  then too bad... you'll have to do something else.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Against 

I'll take it a step further and watch the slings and arrows.  Are you stating that your corps (Yes, I know who that is) can't handle the performance challenge?

Put a spending CAP on electronics.  I love Bloo this year but that amped hornline....just not right.  Surprised someone hasn't hauled out an autotuner....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Under the current rules a Corps take it one step further & record the brass & percussion under ideal acoustic consitions & just synch fake drumming & brass playing to the the recording?

Which is happening now in Bluecoats show... I don't even think the Trumpets are being live Sampled, there is a section in the show where a Trumpet lick goes on but the Trumpets stop playing,

And yes within the Rules, but FOR GE purposes it is still enhancing the product.. 

12 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I'll take it a step further and watch the slings and arrows.  Are you stating that your corps (Yes, I know who that is) can't handle the performance challenge?

I’ll refer you to the Championships won by said organization in the 70s, 80s, 90s etc. seems they more than handled it. Thank you! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Poppycock said:

I’ll refer you to the Championships won by said organization in the 70s, 80s, 90s etc. seems they more than handled it. Thank you! 

I'm talking about vocals.  I don't recall your corps performing any vocals in the 70, 80s or 90s.  Why the need for them to be recorded and played back now?