Trussville, AL - Friday, July 26, 2019

26 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

I have been in downtown Birmingham a few different times over the past couple of years.  I live in New Orleans and moved here from Philadelphia.  Downtown Birmingham is not scary.  There are a lot of cool things going on.  It is a city and things CAN happen in any city.  Do not let one incident ruin an entire city.  

I’ll acknowledge that bad things happen in all big cities.  I was actually looking forward to exploring some of the historical sites around town.  Some really important civil rights history in downtown Birmingham that I was hoping to check out.  But there was a substantial and aggressive homeless population hanging out around the hotels that was in my grill every day as I walked back and forth to my meetings.  One of those folks tried to rob a small grocery store about a block from the Hampton, and he shot the first cop that showed up about 5 times.  In the ensuing gunfight another cop fell off a parking deck and got hurt.  And apparently they just had another police officer killed downtown in a gunfight.  That’s scary in my book.  I won’t stay downtown again.

38 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Is Southern Knights (the group from Pelham AL) SoundSport?

Nope -- all-age.

• Thanks 1