Murfreesboro, TN - Friday, July 26, 2019

10 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Yeah that's the winning ticket right there.

more reliable than Marie

Just now, gbass598 said:

Or they just need to be cleaner.

i was trying to be nice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Dam it....NOBODY TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE MATH ON DCP!!!!!  I'M DONE.

Where and when you have music, you have math.  Even more so in a competition.😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

Those BD 1s in GE Rep have to look pretty ominous if you're Bloo. It's really hard to see a path to the Gold for Bloo that doesn't start with winning GE.

Crown, Boston, Cavaliers are a tangled mess on the recaps. I think 4th place is still viable for any of these groups.

I don't think so.  If they were 3rd overall, then it would matter.  But they are THE ceiling right now so the analytical trick of comparison between content and achievement means very little.  The margins are very small.  It more so shows that the judges are having a hard time calling it.  It's close, and probably will remain so.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i was trying to be nice

I'm starting to think that some of things that the line is playing on side 1 with the snare line in a diagonal is making the line sound fuzzy from the front side line because the sound coming from the line is not reaching the judge at the same time.. 

These guys in the LOT sound phenomenal to my Ears.. 

It must be a listening environment/drill situation that is making the judge perceive that they are not clean, or Wide... In years past the Judge would be able to stand in front of Center and get a good read regardless of the Drill. This year the Judge is limited so if the line sounds dirty from the Front sideline, they are dirty regardless of how they are playing towards Center.

Looking at other groups, the lines seem to be flat to the front when not close to the Front sideline to make sure the sound is getting there together.

Or they are just struggling with 10 Snares and 3 tenors to get the balance right...

Whatever it is Time is running out to change the Perception (Slotting) that would doom the Line going into Finals Week.

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

Those BD 1s in GE Rep have to look pretty ominous if you're Bloo. It's really hard to see a path to the Gold for Bloo that doesn't start with winning GE.

Yes, but win GE they did.  I would think the music scores would look pretty ominous if you're BD, BUT BD DID WIN OVERALL AND I CONGRATULATE THEM.  On to Atlanta.

13 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Chumley and Percussion made the difference..

8th in percussion is just a slap in Colin's face he's got to be fuming with this judge....

And they have Jeff tomorrow night and he hasn’t been kind to BAC this season.

19 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

You need to understand that BD essentially did tonight, what Bluecoats did in San Antonio.

BD sqeaked it out on a very fine level against a crowded field with lower placing corps factoring in the subcaptions.

BD didn't make a 'jump' at all (no more than Bloo 'fell'... which they didn't), they just got the right combination on the night... and that's how this is likely going to go.

I think two things will matter in these last two weeks.

1) How clean was your run ( Drops, Drum line, Soloist quality)

2) Who is judging the group and in what caption.

There are some biases starting to creep up and what Judges you have will matter just as much as the Run you had ( Because of the REP, CONT & SBST numbers)

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

BD up on the @drew079 scope

Thanks for the plug! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1