Murfreesboro, TN - Friday, July 26, 2019

2 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

The biggest question is risk vs reward.  It's coming down to the wire & they're not getting rewarded in content or achievement for this book.  They have very little time off to make any major changes (lots of shows & long trips).  At this point, do you leave the book alone & hope to be rewarded or make a change to reduce the risk? 

if it's not clean, you shouldn't get credit just cause you tried.

• Like 3

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

You do to a certain extent. Their content scores are higher than their achievement scores. If they achieved better and had more dynamic contract in the show the content would go even higher but with their content scores where they are there won't be much that can change it this season. They have .3 difference between the 2 sub-captions. BD was 2nd in content and 5th in achievement so they either had a bad night or also have plenty of room to clean before finals. Everyone else is a lot closer in their gaps between the sub-captions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

The biggest question is risk vs reward.  It's coming down to the wire & they're not getting rewarded in content or achievement for this book.  They have very little time off to make any major changes (lots of shows & long trips).  At this point, do you leave the book alone & hope to be rewarded or make a change to reduce the risk? 

BAC percussion will just keep working and cleaning. Colin’s one of the best in the business and knows better than anyone the situation and how to deal with it.

• Like 6

I find the recaps fascinating. SCV scoring 4th in brass is interesting, especially with the lack of movement. We should not be surprised that BD caught Bloo. They had more to clean up vs Bloo.

Now with BD slotted last tomorrow with this momentum, huge advantage.

Could new Bloo ending perhaps factor into tonight's score?

Boston recap reminds me of BD 1991, 1st in Brass and 8th in percussion, BAC 2019 1st in guard and 8th in percussion.

posted from the DrumScorps app

15 minutes ago, pbeau said:

8 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

The biggest question is risk vs reward.  It's coming down to the wire

40 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

It seems to come down to show composition. If they can't play it clean now some things just will never get there. I just watched a YT video for them from the lot somewhere and and I heard some blown attacks on rim shots. Some really thick fivelets thrown in there. They cooking along at close to 200 BPM and it isn't easy to drum well at that tempo with any sort of difficulty in the book. What they are trying to do is a whole different animal than what SCV and BD do in their writing style. Boston probably has the hardest battery book in all of DCI.

Waaaay too much overplaying and too many notes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

I find the recaps fascinating. SCV scoring 4th in brass is interesting, especially with the lack of movement. We should not be surprised that BD caught Bloo. They had more to clean up vs Bloo.

Now with BD slotted last tomorrow with this momentum, huge advantage.

Could new Bloo ending perhaps factor into tonight's score?

Boston recap reminds me of BD 1991, 1st in Brass and 8th in percussion, BAC 2019 1st in guard and 8th in percussion.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Interesting recaps indeed. I think someone else mentioned BD '91 as well, and that immediately came to mind for me too.

Edited by dcsnare93

40 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

Those quadruple strokes they thrown in at the tempo are inconsistently clear as well. It's ballsy to be doing what they are doing with 10 snares.

I am thrilled to see a 10 Man snare line again. BITD in the late 1970's and early 1980's, 10 snares was the norm, with a few exceptions...Madison, SCV, PR, marched 12, & 27th & freelancers marched 11. I'm sure that I missed a few.  

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I had hoped it would show up in content if nothing!

56 minutes ago, pbeau said:

BAC percussion will just keep working and cleaning. Colin’s one of the best in the business and knows better than anyone the situation and how to deal with it.

No doubt about that!!  I have 100% faith in the BAC staff.  They absolutely know what they are doing, but they are in an interesting quandary.