Murfreesboro, TN - Friday, July 26, 2019

You seem like a charming individual.

4 hours ago, skcoop63 said:

Hey it’s low fat, but if you must know who I was talking about, guard members. All to movement and prancing around all summer ought to help with weight loss. But really I could care less about your feelings. 

Haha.

Doesn't bother me at all. Just wanted to know who you were talking about.

Keep it classy!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to the Concord Blue Devils for beating the Bluecoats (by a tiny margin) for the first in 2019.  The spread had been getting smaller each time they competed and now, poof it is gone!  It is not over, but if things keep going like they have, BD should start building their own gap between them and the field as they clean up the many messy parts of their show that still exist as well as finally adding the ending!  Go BD, SCV and Mandarins!  This born and bread CA man is getting excited for BD to win DCI World Class Finals Championship title #19!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tim K said:

Kids may realistically know they won’t medal or perhaps make finals, but the competitive aspect is still key. If you look at shows that plateau early, it is often shows that are not competitive. I also think what corps are realistically competing for is important. My guess is Pacific Crest will be pushing themselves hard in the next few weeks, hoping people will see them in cinemas for the first time. I have no question Spirit and Phantom’s best performances of the season will be at semi’s fighting for a spot in finals. The top three will be competing on Friday in Allentown, but the fiercest night competitively will be Saturday between Crown, Cavies, and BAC. 

However, you make good points about the importance of the experience, but do the kids see themselves as paying for an internship when they had to audition, which is a form of competing, to march in the first place? 

Just as an FYI, Pacific Crest was in the theaters in 2013.