Murfreesboro, TN - Friday, July 26, 2019

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I don't think so.  If they were 3rd overall, then it would matter.  But they are THE ceiling right now so the analytical trick of comparison between content and achievement means very little.  The margins are very small.  It more so shows that the judges are having a hard time calling it.  It's close, and probably will remain so.

We'll see. I agree it's super close, but we're going to see a bunch of people from this panel during championships. They know how to use the subcaptions.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i was trying to be nice

I'll just call it like it is. Colin writes differently for Boston than he has for any other corps. I personally think it is too many notes and too thick in the scoring to be finals night clean like it needs to be. Split parts across the battery, competing accents and shots between the snares and tenor, a lot fo very fast playing and not as much dynamic contrast as other groups.

It's got to be a fun book to play and its cool stuff being done pretty well but close ain't cutting it.

I can’t believe the spread between 3rd and 5th.  I’d have SCV 5th.  

7 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I'm starting to think that some of things that the line is playing on side 2 with the snare line is a diagonal is making the line sound fuzzy from the front side line because the sound coming from the line is not reaching the judge at the same time.. 

These guys in the LOT sound phenomenal to my Ears.. 

I must be a listening environment drill situation that is making the judge perceive that they are not clean, or Wide... In years past the Judge would be able to stand in front of Center and get a good read regardless of the Drill.

Looking at other groups, the lines seem to be flat to the front when not close to the Front sideline to make sure the sound is getting there together.

Or they are just struggling with 10 Snares and 3 tenors to get the balance right...

Whatever it is Time is running out to change the Perception (Slotting) that would doom the Line going into Finals Week.

I'm not buying that. They legitimately have a full thick sound because of the battery scoring. I haven't seen the show enough to comment on the front ensemble but the videos of the battery I'd seen feel like they are yelling at me for 5 minutes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pbeau said:

And they have Jeff tomorrow night and he hasn’t been kind to BAC this season.

if you're not clean, jeff isn't gonna be kind

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

I'll just call it like it is. Colin writes differently for Boston than he has for any other corps. I personally think it is too many notes and too thick in the scoring to be finals night clean like it needs to be. Split parts across the battery, competing accents and shots between the snares and tenor, a lot fo very fast playing and not as much dynamic contrast as other groups.

It's got to be a fun book to play and its cool stuff being done pretty well but close ain't cutting it.

i haven't seen it live yet, so i refuse to go solely off of Flo or lot videos

2 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

I'm not buying that. They legitimately have a full thick sound because of the battery scoring. I haven't seen the show enough to comment on the front ensemble but the videos of the battery I'd seen feel like they are yelling at me for 5 minutes.

This I can agree with, Its similar to the Horn book, Not much variation...

But to be discounted just on the style of writing to affect them this much?

What could he do at this point besides do wholesale changes to enter sections of the book?

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

He is probably the judge I trust the most.  

Jeff, Allan, Marty...the holy trinity