Win the Ott but not medal?

Cadets 1991 - 1st Guard, 6th corps.

Yep those BD brass lines in 1991 and 1993. Scouts 95. Spirit guard, what, 86 or 88??

11 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

What are some other captions that significantly outperformed its corps placement? But didn't end up with a caption win.

I remember 2014 Blue Stars finished 9th with Where The Heart Is (the first show about home) but their guard was stellar that year finishing 4th. 

• Like 1

Yes.  And the captions will increasingly split as more corps contend.

5 (maybe more by the end) corps are contending for various ordinals this year.

2 hours ago, chris ncsu said:

Yep those BD brass lines in 1991 and 1993. Scouts 95. Spirit guard, what, 86 or 88??

1995 was an odd year. Scouts, The Cadets and BD shared the brass award because all different winners on all three nights. I don’t think they did a scoring average back then. And before 2000 guard was a “special award” like best drum major. They didn’t have a caption until 2000. I believe BD won percussion in 1994 because they won prelims and semis but not finals. Since they won it 2 of the three nights it was officially a win even though Cadets won it on finals night.’ Oh 1984. BD, Garfield and SCV tied for brass. Officially!!!! 

Edited by DFA1970

3 hours ago, chris ncsu said:

You have to remember that guard was a unofficial win. Like best drum major. Guard was a caption and deservedly so starting in 2000. Why it took that long is a mystery, 

4 hours ago, chris ncsu said:

Think Spirit of Atlanta won guard in 1987. Not sure, but that is a good one too. 

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I remember 2014 Blue Stars finished 9th with Where The Heart Is (the first show about home) but their guard was stellar that year finishing 4th. 

My favorite Blue Stars show, and one of my 10 favorite shows, period. This show pulls an emotional tug on me, as did BK that year. 

Was listening to the 2014 CD as my wife and I were driving our son to college 3 years ago to move in for his freshman year. They were in his car, I was in mine (he had a lot of stuff ). Hearing that show, the "home" theme, thinking about leaving him on his own ... I totally broke down in my car. Glad they were in a different car. To this day cannot watch/listen to that show without getting emotional.    

• Like 1