Win the Ott but not medal?

50 minutes ago, SOA Dad said:

My favorite Blue Stars show, and one of my 10 favorite shows, period. This show pulls an emotional tug on me, as did BK that year. 

Was listening to the 2014 CD as my wife and I were driving our son to college 3 years ago to move in for his freshman year. They were in his car, I was in mine (he had a lot of stuff ). Hearing that show, the "home" theme, thinking about leaving him on his own ... I totally broke down in my car. Glad they were in a different car. To this day cannot watch/listen to that show without getting emotional.    

It was a great show by season's end.  At first, I didn't care for the tarps and such all over, but by season's end, they were all in on the theme and selling it all the way.  The use of the legacy uniform for the anniversary and the star set were great.  The closer moved me so much musically too.  That guard book was TOUGH and they really performed it well.  They had a really golden year for guard that year.  

4 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

You have to remember that guard was a unofficial win. Like best drum major. Guard was a caption and deservedly so starting in 2000. Why it took that long is a mystery, 

Just because it wasn't included in the final corps score doesn't mean it wasn't scored; it was still awarded to the highest achiever (according to adjudication), not a participation trophy.