8:50 PM    7th Regiment - New London, CT
9:06 PM    Spartans - Nashua, NH
9:22 PM    Legends - Kalamazoo, MI
9:38 PM    Encore
9:54 PM    Scores Announced

Lakeland High School
1630 Bogie Lake Rd
White Lake, MI 48383

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Lakeland High School in White Lake, Michigan, site of the 2019 Legends Drum Corps Invitational! My name is Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I will be providing LIVE! From the Stands coverage of tonight’s event. It was a hot one today, but the temperature is dropping and it will be just right for drum corps when the show begins at 7 PM. Unfortunately, the wind is NOT as friendly, and that may cause issues for the guard tonight.

s3jirhU.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Lakeland High School in White Lake, Michigan, site of the 2019 Legends Drum Corps Invitational! My name is Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I will be providing LIVE! From the Stands coverage of tonight’s event. It was a hot one today, but the temperature is dropping and it will be just right for drum corps when the show begins at 7 PM. Unfortunately, the wind is NOT as friendly, and that may cause issues for the guard tonight.

s3jirhU.jpg

• Like 1

First on the field in DCI All-Age Competition is the Columbus Saints from Columbus, Ohio. Here is their 2019 program information, courtesy of Drum Corps Xperience:

Heart Of Steam

The World of Steam: Clockwork Heart by Bear McCreary
I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco
Curious World by Alice’s Night Circus

This is my second consecutive weekend viewing Columbus Saints. Fortunately, tonight is about 10 degrees cooler than last week. Between that and more rehearsal time, I’m looking forward to the Saints performance.

A little pre-show from the pit as the corps is announced.

I don’t know this particular Bear McCreary selection, but I’m a big fan of his work on the Battlestar Galactica and Outlander soundtracks.

Four basses and they are working hard in the opener. Very meaty book for them this season.

9 brass on the field with two more on the front sideline. Six marching percussion. Nine front ensemble players. Four guard. Two drum majors. Total - 32 on the field for the Saints.

Second movement is Panic! At the Disco. I Write Sins, Not Tragedies kicks up the tempo and this is much tighter than last week. Great energy from the corps. The trap set player is having the time of his life in the front ensemble.

I do notice that the corps is not marching this section of the show. I don’t know if that means they’re still writing the drill or if they’re treating this like a concert piece.